LegacyGT.com

New Project

Hi everyone I have a 1998 legacy L wagon on the out side i have 2008 impreza outback sport rims, 2009 outback wagon wing 1999 legacy gt hood 2.5% tint on the back 5 windows under the hood i have a 2005 forester xt 2.5L engine block with the original 2.2L heads and intake compression is at 10:1 because i was driving it with out a turbo for a while now i have installed 2002 wrx turbo with custom made exhaust and intake im waiting for the intercooler from the same year wrx and i ordered today an apexi safc and a wide band kit so i can tune it with 2005 legacy gt injectors (the yellow ones)lol im only running 6psi but hopefully ill get it to 8 psi on high compression after tuning im trying t get it running good for the 25th of feb thats when atco opens and i can post some times the car ran 17.7 with the 2.2L and it ran 17.1 when i put the 2.5l block in it has anyone heard of this type of set up before? and what have they ran? thank you for your time i will be posting pictures soon i had posted before about this but couldnt find it and i think maybe i did something wrong

i changed the pistons to regular 2.5L non turbo because i wasn't planning on the turbo at the time i do have the 8:1 pistons that i can throw back in it but right now im just playing with it is a heavy car i would like to take the motor out and put it on a 1998 imreza (that body style) 2 door but not the 2.5rs but if i go that route the is going to be just a track car so i can actually do some serious stuff to it

thats a good question haven't thought of it lol i just keep throwing stuff together trying to make it work. im pretty much trying to learn with the car trying to get as much out of it with the minimum i dont think im gonna go any further with it at this time besides tuning it after this then the setup up is going to go on another body thats if im happy with the numbers it puts down on the track and the dyno i know the block can handle lots more but im not sure about the heads and head gasket do you know if i can get 3 layer or 4 layer 2.2l head gaskets anywhere? and studs?

2.5L engine block with the original 2.2L heads and intake compression is at 10:1

This is going to be an excellent low end-mid range engine if it's built right. If you put WRX heads on this block, you'll lose some of that low-end, I'd imagine but the mid-range gain would make up for that loss. A proper tune is needed for good results. 10:1 is kinda' high though...

the car takes off really good i only have 10:1 on it because i was driving it with out the turbo for a year but i do have the low compression pistons in my tool box right now im not thinking on changing the heads if i did i would probably just go with single cam heads with dual port im trying to stay with the single cam im going to tune it with 6 psi first see how that runs does anyone know whats a good fuel ratio for the subarus i tune eclipses anywhere from 11.8 to 12.2 to 1 thats what i was going to do with the legacy what you guys think?

the car takes off really good i only have 10:1 on it because i was driving it with out the turbo for a year but i do have the low compression pistons in my tool box right now im not thinking on changing the heads if i did i would probably just go with single cam heads with dual port im trying to stay with the single cam im going to tune it with 6 psi first see how that runs does anyone know whats a good fuel ratio for the subarus i tune eclipses anywhere from 11.8 to 12.2 to 1 thats what i was going to do with the legacy what you guys think?

youre going to get much better results and power dropping it to around 8.5:1 or something other than 12:1

sorry i was talking about fuel ratio yes my the pistons i have for the car are 8.2:1 compression but i haven't installed them yet but back to fuel ratios you think 11.8 is good what do tuners usually tune subarus with i can always get a egt sensor and check exactly where i should be with the mixture but if some one has done it already it would be appreciated thank you

• I Donated

I think those are some really small pictures

http://i56.tinypic.com/v3qcgo.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2lw1tnt.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2tykk.jpg

Let me know what you guys think

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived