LegacyGT.com

What to do what to do

Im recently had my 05 LGT 5EAT put in the shop to have it check out while im deployed (wife put it in the shop). It has come out of the shop with a new turbo, TMIC, and power steering pump. All repairs were approved through my extended warranty company and only cost me $100. I really really stocked about that. Here is the delima. I will have a little money to play with when I return home. I am looking for cheaper mods (under $500) that are the biggest bang for the buck. I am thinking HIDS, and an intake. Any suggestions on anything different. I am open to anything really. thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Most will tell you suspension mods first, I would agree after driving my car across the country from WA to PA. It made a huge difference. It all really depends on what you are looking for. The HIDs I installed were a major bonus too, having that extra light on country roads is a plus. You arent going to gain much from an intake except the sound. Most need a tune to work safely anyways.

My vote, suspension and HIDS......or the AP and HIDS.

[

Cobb AP stage 1.

You don't want to drive around on a un-safe OEM tune. They will tell you the stock ECU is safe. Don't believe everything the dealer tells you. Tuners have found a flaw in the oem map that causes problems with the valves and bearings.

I don't know the exact flaw but it's something to do with detenation that causes excess cylinder pressure and can cause a spun bearing and burnt valves.

Leave the stock intake, it's hard to beat.

Let the turbo cool before you shut the engine off. Check your oil a couple of times a week, top it off as needed until you know how much oil it uses.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Rear sway bar with brackets

Upgrade brake pads

Tires

Lower control arm bushings

Rallitek Trans mount http://www.rallitek.com/RalliTEK-5EAT-Transmission-Mount-Insert/p-4635

Vag-com cable and Infamous tune

If you have not already, get the cat out of the Up-pipe!

Struts? probably more than your budget, though.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

I have attached a screen shot of the HIDs im looking at. I do not know to much about them but I have read that I need the H7 bulbs. I have selected some options in the screen shot. If someone could let me know if this is what I need before I buy them it would be great. Also I would need 2 of these right (1 for each side). Sorry for so many dumb questions im new to all this and dont want to screw it up.

hids.thumb.jpg.a87ae41a8b68e3f0f106a7ee6097d705.jpg

Archived