LegacyGT.com

02 WRX suspension questions

• I Donated
The struts and springs I got were last used and aligned on a 93? legacy wagon. My car drives straighter now than it did before. Should I still get it aligned? :) (do I have to!?)

You don't have to.

I would recommend aligning it unless you want to wear out your tires and buy new ones sooner then you need to.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

It doesn't matter if the suspension was aligned on another car before you installed it on yours...
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• I Donated
Im planing to go for -3 camber. What do I want for toe?

If you're running -3 Camber, don't even worry about toe. Your tires will be bald in 2 weeks anyways lol.

You're safer sticking with -1 to -1.5 with having clost to ZERO cross camber...meaning that you don't want 1.3 on one side and 1.6 on the other. Keep both side within .1 of eachother.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

yes. usually a split of .5 or more will cause a pull to the more positive sidee. you're right at the .5 tolerance. In your case with your measurments, you're going to pull to the left since -1.8 is more positive then -2.1. Dunno if it makes sense, so if it doesn't let me know and I'll try to explain better

You should take it back and tell them you want 0 cross camber and 0 cross toe. (cross camber / toe meaning the difference between the two sides). If the person doing the alignment says that it can't be done, then ask for another tech to align it. If you can't get a PROPER alignment, demand a refund and go somewhere else.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

stock vs not stock suspension doesn't have a whole lot to do with it. My thought is that your toe was not completely zeroed or you had worn ball joints, tie rods, inner tie rods, control arm bushings, etc, which would allow things to shift about and accelerate tire wear. worn out struts will also contribute to wear. If you are going to run more negative camber you do definitely need to make sure the whole suspension is in good condition.

Archived