LegacyGT.com

Newbie ?? Tips for changing spark plugs 95 LSi

I could use any tips on changing the plugs on my 95 LSi wagon. Looks like removing the air filter tubing on the passenger side makes it easier to get to the plugs. On the driver's side it looks like I need to remove the windshield washer bottle to get to the rear plug. if you have any short cuts I'd welcome it. Thanks in advance.

Ed

Blow out your spark plug wells before you start. Use short piece of hose, like gas hose to start the plugs. It has to fit snugly over the insulator on the plug then use it to start the plugs, use anti-seize too....

• I Donated

Remove your air filter box and the battery. I use a 3 inch extension and a swivel when I do mine. The back drive side was the hardest of the 4.

You don't need to remove the windshield washer reservoir.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Universal joint does the trick, and yes you don't need to remove the washer resevoir. Removing the intake does help though. And disconnect the negative battery terminal; you don't want anything shorting out while you do the job.

I did ALL of mine without removing anything...just used alot of extensions and universal joints. It took half an hour to get them out, but I got the job done. Removing the intake manifold would save you a lot of time on the passenger side plugs, but I never even thought about removing the resevoir.

Archived