LegacyGT.com

Fastest car under 100k?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ that kart is baddddd arsss.

+ 1 to whomever said a DSM.. $2,000 DSM GSX, $15,000 in mods, and your in the 9's. but for only one pass down the track most likely haha

^ that kart is baddddd arsss.

+ 1 to whomever said a DSM.. $2,000 DSM GSX, $15,000 in mods, and your in the 9's. but for only one pass down the track most likely haha

Don't drive it to the track, or you'll be crank-walkin home!

Don't drive it to the track, or you'll be crank-walkin home!

hahah only the 7 bolts.. my friends got one with a new turb, 800cc's, and supporting mods. I always say hes gonan start doin the crank walk, but he says...

"Dude only 15% of all DSM 7 bolts crank walk!!!"

:rolleyes:

nonetheless, its a fast car for under 100k... under 20k... under 15k id actually say.

Dsms can be made fast for cheap but imo the fox body takes the cake. I have seen 9 second fox bodys with less than 9k into the car and doing it somewhat reliably. Nothing is totally bullet proof when your pulling 1.2 60fts.

Doesn't 'fastest' imply top speed and not 1/4 mile time anyways?

Just sayin'

Yea, but when you say my car is faster you usually dont think top speed wise. Accel is more exciting than top speed IMO. But fastest could also imply fastest around a track. So i suppose its really what kind of fast your talking about as to what car would be the best.

Prius, Type R. The one with the wing and the Greddy sticker.

sickkkk. they should sport duracell stickers.

Doesn't 'fastest' imply top speed and not 1/4 mile time anyways?

Just sayin'

very good point.

too bad this is the fastest "car" for under 100k, coz any motorcycle is faster, in the 1/4, 1/8, circuit, rally (dirtbike)

sickkkk. they should sport duracell stickers.

very good point.

too bad this is the fastest "car" for under 100k, coz any motorcycle is faster, in the 1/4, 1/8, circuit, rally (dirtbike)

Very untrue, there are tons of faster cars than bikes in the 1/4mile and around tracks. After a certain point 2 wheels starts to limit you

^ Stock for stock, I doubt that any $100k car will beat a BMW S1000R in anything but maybe top speed.

Stock for stock yes bikes are fast but this fastest car under 100k not fastest stock car under 100k. You might be suprised at how fast bikes are around tracks, they are limited by the fact you have to lean through turns. The fastest time around the ring on a r1 is a 7.28 which a zr1 has beat and plenty of cars you could build for 100k could run. And thats a big track on small track with tight turns they suffer even more.

Stock for stock yes bikes are fast but this fastest car under 100k not fastest stock car under 100k. You might be suprised at how fast bikes are around tracks, they are limited by the fact you have to lean through turns. The fastest time around the ring on a r1 is a 7.28 which a zr1 has beat and plenty of cars you could build for 100k could run. And thats a big track on small track with tight turns they suffer even more.

True. Bikes will always be limited by tire contact patch, aerodynamic drag, and lack of downforce. Taking a bike to it's limit on a bumpy course like the 'ring is downright scary if not impossible.

BTW, the R1 isn't the fastest bike and the Zr1 costs > $100k :D

True. Bikes will always be limited by tire contact patch, aerodynamic drag, and lack of downforce. Taking a bike to it's limit on a bumpy course like the 'ring is downright scary if not impossible.

BTW, the R1 isn't the fastest bike and the Zr1 costs > $100k :D

The r1 still holds 2nd place record for bikes around the ring. And you can buy a slightly used zr1 for under 100k. And as i said you could build a track car for 100k that would beat those times.

Eitherway super cars are generally faster around a track than superbikes.

now that i think about it, your right..

my bad for hijacking the thread with that bike post :redface:

but seriously, now a days, 100k will buy you A LOT of super cars.. new their 250k, but with 5k miles they're usually 50% cheaper.. That one British kit car that was mentioned in this thread was pretty sweet (1:09:00 around the top gear track one). I think if i ever have the area and time I will invest in one of those.

I would get a GTM car. You start with a c5 vette donor and they make it into a mid engine beast that you can put many different powerplants into. Most go with a ls engine for obvious reasons. You can have them built and ready to go with most engine optiosn for well under 100k. Or put it together yourself for 20k less.

With a c5 donor which you could pick up for 8k with no engine easy and the kit which is about 20-25k and then the engine/ misc drivetrain parts anoth 10k you could have a 2400lbs 400-700hp beast.

Yeah..I'd follow that logic too. I'd probably go Fox body with an LS transplant. Best of both worlds. Super easy to modify & super cheap platform. Gives you lost of room for HP upgrades, Hotchkis suspension up the wazoo, great brakes, etc.

I just read that the new GTR will have something like 550hp and be able to click off 0-60 times around 3 seconds flat.

Price will be just under $100K. That is, if the Nissan dealer isn't putting a 30K premium on the price tag.

A stock SpecB will still decimate it of course.

I just read that the new GTR will have something like 550hp and be able to click off 0-60 times around 3 seconds flat.

Price will be just under $100K. That is, if the Nissan dealer isn't putting a 30K premium on the price tag.

A stock SpecB will still decimate it of course.

So now its the 0-60mph war between the new 911 and the gtr. Time to beat is 2.8 set by the 500hp 911. Nissan will probably run a 2.7 0-60 time with tires that look like this

http://www.ipgparts.net/store/images/D/MT%20slick.jpg

and then tell everyone they are the fastest.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived