LegacyGT.com

Utah County LGT Meet?

keithk831

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! We love new people. Definitely come.

PS it's looking like I won't be able to make it if we do the 26th...no bueno.

bighaus, if you're still interested in my old suspension setup I can work something out with my family since it's up there (that is if you want it with the lowering springs). PM me if you were thinking a different price as well and we can probably work something out.

Hey, if i get my Legacy by then i will definitely want to join, it also depends on what the paycheck looks like, i start my new job on the 28th.. if not this one definitely the next one, I can't wait!

Yeah, feel free to come! Check out cars, and get ideas on what you want to do!

Where are you located?

I know i am a super noob, but is it normal to be worried about the turbo as much as i am? I don't want to make a mistak on this car i am looking at... Is there anyway to tell if it has been changed out? I was looking all over the forum last night and i couldnt find very much to this, if you could even point me in the right directions, or give me some pointers to look at (i read about the banjo filter...), that would be of great help! I can't wait to get into the Legacy community!

Hey Big Haus, that would be awesome! I do not want to be any trouble for you though.. It is at Tim Dahle Nissan, it is white, and i think it is a fairly good deal... I will be calling Nate Wade and Mark Miller to see if i can locate any service records for the vehicle tomorrow, I get out of school at 2:20. You can text me at any time, my number is eight oh one-four nine 9- oh eight 83. The sales man said it was an older gentlemen and his daughter that brought it in? If that's the case, I am hoping the normal upkeep was done, like the timing belt, fluids, all of that jazz, but you never know.. Thank you again for your willingness to help!

Hey Big Haus, that would be awesome! I do not want to be any trouble for you though.. It is at Tim Dahle Nissan, it is white, and i think it is a fairly good deal... I will be calling Nate Wade and Mark Miller to see if i can locate any service records for the vehicle tomorrow, I get out of school at 2:20. You can text me at any time, my number is eight oh one-four nine 9- oh eight 83. The sales man said it was an older gentlemen and his daughter that brought it in? If that's the case, I am hoping the normal upkeep was done, like the timing belt, fluids, all of that jazz, but you never know.. Thank you again for your willingness to help!

FYI, timing belt is "scheduled" to be done at 105k, so it probably hasn't been done yet.

Also, is anyone interested in trading their stock turbo heatshield for my heat-painted heatshield that's trimmed to fit an aftermarket downpipe? Painted silver with header paint...straight up trade. Can bring it to the meet if anyone's interested.

I ended up getting a Cobb heatshield instead.

FYI, timing belt is "scheduled" to be done at 105k, so it probably hasn't been done yet.

That is what i was thinking too.. Hopefully I can find some service records for the vehicle, that way I could be a little more confident in buying it..

UPDATE: Timing belt was done at Nate Wade in October, the only records at Mark Miller were the 1k mile service, and then a pulley problem in 07, it looks like it could be a decent one owner, so hopefully it all works out.

Make sure the transmission is good... Really push it. Our 3rd and 4th synchros go fast, so hopefully it was well cared for at at least replaced at one point. My synchros have been replaced and I'm at 53k miles... they're already going out again! But I also drive it hard.

Yeah.. 113k doesn't bother me too much, as long as there are no major problems

Big Haus, I am getting a carfax either from the dealership, or my CU, so we will see what it shows..

Good luck with everything on that leggy! hope it works out well for you i did the carfax and had every service record on file through the dealer but it also didnt include previous owner driving styles... i just replaced my tranny 2 weeks ago cuz he launched the sh*t out of it and ran royal purple in the 5eat. FAIL :spin:

Good luck with everything on that leggy! hope it works out well for you i did the carfax and had every service record on file through the dealer but it also didnt include previous owner driving styles... i just replaced my tranny 2 weeks ago cuz he launched the sh*t out of it and ran royal purple in the 5eat. FAIL :spin:

Dang.. People need to do research on their cars to see what is beneficial or not.. I am not veteran on Legacys, but that is why i troll the forum! I pulled the carfax today, and i have an appointment tomorrow, hopefully it all goes through!

Hey guys, Thanks for all of the help and feedback, but i decided to wait a little longer, it has higher miles and the interior is a little beat up, i.e. dirt, scratches in the plastic, so i will keep searching. I know what I want now, i will just have to wait a little longer, but trust me, i will find my legacy!

Hey guys, Thanks for all of the help and feedback, but i decided to wait a little longer, it has higher miles and the interior is a little beat up, i.e. dirt, scratches in the plastic, so i will keep searching. I know what I want now, i will just have to wait a little longer, but trust me, i will find my legacy!

Just keep looking! I found my LGT a year and a half ago on KSL classifieds for $12,400, which was like $3k less than other ones were going for.

Just keep looking! I found my LGT a year and a half ago on KSL classifieds for $12,400, which was like $3k less than other ones were going for.

Thanks for the confidence booster! I just hope I can find it soon! I want to get it before I get hitched in August, that way I can do some slight mods without trying to explain to the wife why my car looks different, or sounds meaner... haha

I just hope I can find it soon! I want to get it before I get hitched in August, that way I can do some slight mods without trying to explain to the wife why my car looks different, or sounds meaner... haha

I remember thinking this same thing a few years ago before I was getting married...stayed clean from the modding bug for 6mo after marriage then my wife came up to me one afternoon and asked:

"why don't you mod your car anymore? Did you stop having fun with it? We have money for it if you want to..."

I went out and bought a new exhaust that same week:p

Guess you just got to find the right gal....I'm sure Chad can attest to this!:eek::wub:

I remember thinking this same thing a few years ago before I was getting married...stayed clean from the modding bug for 6mo after marriage then my wife came up to me one afternoon and asked:

"why don't you mod your car anymore? Did you stop having fun with it? We have money for it if you want to..."

Guess you just got to find the right gal....I'm sure Chad can attest to this!:eek::wub:

Dang! That would be way nice! I guess if i do it a little at a time she would be okay with it, I will just have to be smart and not go crazy right away, she is pretty cool with the car, so hopefully she will like the whole upgrading idea! You are a lucky man my friend!

I did some major stuff on my old Grand Am while we were dating. So she understands what I do :-)

Ok guys, we're now 10 days away! The weather report says sunny for Friday, but 60% chance of snow for Saturday. Luckily we drive Subarus and are therefore immune.

Anyway, i'm going to try and find us a good meeting spot (a parking lot that will be empty) close to Brick Oven. I have a few ideas, so i'll post it up here. I'm not sure on the size of the parking lot there, so we'll see if that's a good spot to meet or not.

Again, if you have parts to sell/trade, post them up here! I have a stock trimmed heatshield that i'd like to trade for a stock untrimmed heatshield, if anyone is interested! Straight up trade.

Archived