LegacyGT.com

Lift Kit

Dude it has stuff about lifting. So yea yes you can use them. And alot of these guys are somewhat older. But if ya read a little you would know. That you can use forester I believe from the 90s to 02 or 04 not really sure about foresters

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny,only things I saw on the links are to use forester parts,and the sticky is all about lowering. A simple yes or no would suffice,because what's really annoying is a bunch of kids with their first cars who are able to surf forums all day digitally high fiving eachother while being absolutely useless in most of their posts.

or you could use the ****** search bar and stop bringing up topics that have been covered 400 times by dumbasses like yourself who are too lazy to read

I know this is bringing a old thread back but will the Forester parts bolt the existing spots in or would I have to drill new holes?

it all depends on which car you are planning on putting them on.

why not start with ''i want to lift my....(insert your car, year, model, please)...... will forester parts bolt right on or will i have to drill new holes.?"

that is if you really want help.

I read through all 8 or so forum pages for the 2nd Gen legacy,this is the only lift post I found. So in reality you're the dumbass since I used an existing topic to post my question in.

Thanks to those who helped,go eat a steamy pile of rotted dog semen the rest of you.

• I Donated
Q: That is all good and all, but let's say I want to **gasp** raise my car.

A: In that case, your best bet is swapping on BD/BG Outback struts and springs or second generation Forester struts and springs.

Before you go running off your mouth to those who want to help you, you might want to get your head out of your ass and actually read something.

It says swap BG Outback struts or second gen Forester struts. Your answer has ALREADY BEEN POSTED in this thread. You failed to read everything. Either that, or you're really that stupid that you can't understand. Do you want one of us to come hold your hand while you attempt to turn a wrench for the first time? I'm sure that can be arranged!

Bunch of kids with their first cars? HA! this is laughable.

You need to check your attitude. If you want to talk to those who you're asking help from like that, you can just see your way into another community that might tolerate that.

Go away, internet troll

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

iv forgotten when i was first posting(not just here, anywhere)... how much i didn't know about the field at first.

First cars! ha. sound like this may be a first for you duddy. you would never drill holes.

2nd subaru myself

and brok is going on his 4th

anyone else chime in.

• I Donated
and brok is going on his 4th

Yeah, I just picked up my 4th Legacy. First one had been wrecked. I still own 3 of them (one is financed out but I may be repoing it)

Not to mention, I'm a master mechanic, I run my own shop, and I generally know what I'm talking about.

Only an amateur (at best) would think about drilling holes to make a strut fit. Did you even bother to think about how you would attach it to the knuckle? Or what you would do about your alignment geometry? I bet caster would be horrendous if you drilled holes for struts.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I know this is bringing a old thread back but will the Forester parts bolt the existing spots in or would I have to drill new holes?

i really wanna see you trying to drill holes through that knuckle lol

Nightpath, you can call me "NightHawk"! Lol!!

Dont mind ZM, he is tough on newbies that don't take time to read through the stickies and old threads. It just happens after you've been on here for 110 years. You'd be kinda cranky too...

ZM, really is a nice guy when you aren't asking him to eat rotten dog

Wad. Come on man....

nope not at all. Though I've never talked to zm and i've not seen anything nice out of him as of yet. But He's never said anything completely helpfull or nice on anything i've asked or talked about . well he did say something on the roof rack crap. but idk.

nope not at all. Though I've never talked to zm and i've not seen anything nice out of him as of yet. But He's never said anything completely helpfull or nice on anything i've asked or talked about . well he did say something on the roof rack crap. but idk.

that would be because i alone have taken the time to write two threads as well as fwa and brokin, dedicated solely to the 5 different questions that keep coming up on this subforum, but no one takes the time to look at them..

big deal he posted in the thread with the same topic.. if he'd have scrolled up he'd have found his answer instead of calling everyone out

Cause no one likes you LOL. and was zm saying i sounded drunk?? That confused me. lol

Im awesome too tyvm lol even if I don't have a stickie

;)

but no, i wasnt bashing you, only the dipshit calling everyone here out on not getting the answer he wanted

if you want to lift a 97 GT the easiest way is to install stock 96 - 98 outback struts and spring combos. a perfect fit. remove the assembly from the outback and bolt it in to the GT. have it aligned. done.

this will gain you about 1.5 inches maybe just a little less. but with the taller struts you can then swap in outback size tires and gain another inch.

forester strut/ spring assemblies also fit, bolt right in, but the forester rears are not as tall as outback rears so you might end up with a ''saggy'' looking rear.

Archived