LegacyGT.com

FS-CA: JDM LED License Plate Light - Prefect for our LGT!

mk6933

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the exact opposite. I had to really push them in and there's no way they'll come out on their own.

When installing the lights, they do not sit snug inside the unit. If i were to flip them upside down, they would fall out. The leds only seem to work if they are correctly positioned in the holding unit too.

Did you have this problem?

thanks

When installing the lights, they do not sit snug inside the unit. If i were to flip them upside down, they would fall out. The leds only seem to work if they are correctly positioned in the holding unit too.

Did you have this problem?

thanks

I too had the same problem at first but as OP stated if you take a pick and bent the clips inside the socket to press tighter against the new bulb it should hold just fine...just be careful not to bend them too much!

RE: The LED licence plate bulbs.

You stated they are at 7000k. That would be pretty blue, imo. But the pics seem more like 5000k or even lower. I know kelvin rating will vary widely in the aftermarket, but are those pics pretty true to the color?

I really do not want to pop em in and see even the slightest tinge of blue. Looking for that OEM Lexus feel.

"This is an adventure."

RE: The LED licence plate bulbs.

You stated they are at 7000k. That would be pretty blue, imo. But the pics seem more like 5000k or even lower. I know kelvin rating will vary widely in the aftermarket, but are those pics pretty true to the color?

I really do not want to pop em in and see even the slightest tinge of blue. Looking for that OEM Lexus feel.

I did state that they are 7000k. Pure white would be 4300k. For the pictures, I would say the "blue" didn't show too well. Let me try to take some better pictures. They actually aren't that blue, but it wouldn't be pure white, so 6500-7000k would be the color temperature.

I understand where you guys are coming from. I get these bulbs for 40 bucks. Then I have to shipped these and get charged the 3% from PayPal. Let me ask my friend if he can give me a better discount, but I probably need like 5+ buyers. Maybe like $40 bucks shipped?

Archived