LegacyGT.com

FS-CA: JDM LED License Plate Light - Prefect for our LGT!

mk6933

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the color, it's much cleaner than the stock one, but its certainly not brighter... Crappy cellphone pic, anyone?

Stock light on left here.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/Falkon114/0122012220.jpg

Together:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/Falkon114/0124012142.jpg

IMO... Worth $9 so far.

That's the problem, it will light up very well in one direction but will not throw light everywhere like a stock bulb. As you know led's only throw the light in one direction. Hence, no one has come up with the perfect led bulb to fit into a stock incandescent housing. They will light ok, but not like a stock bulb will.

Well, for sure they are brighter then stock. At least 2-3 times better :)

I completely disagree, I'm not sure how you can make this claim.

I was hoping that these would output more than stock but as shown in the other pictures and mine, they simply do not. Same can be said about the license plate bulbs. I should also add that the color alone is probably the biggest reason for a decrease in visibility... but at least they look cool, right? :lol:

To be honest I'm a little disappointed. Would I buy them again knowing what I now do? No. Just to clarify, the seller had great communication, shipped promptly and the price was right, could have been much worse.

Just my .02

IMAG0168.thumb.jpg.6eaed88e1942137da558174e8d032b73.jpg

IMAG0169.thumb.jpg.ddc1f9396f70d17bf93d96f2a970a5b6.jpg

I will gladly refund you the money if you aren't happy. I'm sorry, still trying to work on a brighter reverse light for our cars. I currently have a 1 Watt bulb, but I'm working on a 5 Watt Reverse light. For sure it will be hella bright :) If you are interested, I will be more than happy to give you a discount/credit towards it. Btw, I got the 2-3 times brighter because my friend is the one who told me so.

I will gladly refund you the money if you aren't happy. I'm sorry, still trying to work on a brighter reverse light for our cars. I currently have a 1 Watt bulb, but I'm working on a 5 Watt Reverse light. For sure it will be hella bright :) If you are interested, I will be more than happy to give you a discount/credit towards it. Btw, I got the 2-3 times brighter because my friend is the one who told me so.

I appreciate the offer and didn't mean to bash your thread or product, just trying to give an honest review. I still like the look and don't want a refund, just disappointed that the lights aren't brighter than stock as that was my primary reason for getting these. The bling factor was an added bonus as the color certainly matches the car better.

I'd definitely be interested in something brighter with everything else the same. Please look me up if you start selling those!

^ I totally appreciate your honesty. I DO NOT want to give people false information. It was my fault for not comparing the LEDs with stock.

It seems like everyone want them BRIGHT. I'm trying to see what I can do regarding the license plate light. Maybe the only way is custom it. Try to fit a 12 LEDs panel on each side. But I will get pictures of the 5 watts reverse light.

Archived