LegacyGT.com

brake light on.......??

hey my brakes are comepletly fine but my brake light has been on for the ebrake.....anybody know where the sensor is located? cant seem to trouble shoot this problem...

if your talking about the cluster "BRAKE" light, then check fluid

if your talking about the actual exterior tails, then check for electrical problem

• I Donated
W.I.H.D.H.A.F.M?

what if he doesn't have one?

then i will be more then happy to give him a link to the factory service manual

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

It is most likely low brake fluid as someone said. I've also read that during really cold weather ice can form in some of the vacuum lines and it can also cause the brake light to stay on.

I had this happen to me a few times (the light staying on) and all I did was removed the cap on the brake master and put it back on, and the light went away.

last winter i had the dash ''brake'' light come on at start up and then go out after the car warmed up. WTF? i never even checked the fluid level. turned out that the fliud was low when cold but expanded enough when warm to not be low and turned off the light.

it is probably not the hand brake sensor / indicator. i have only heard of that being a problem once in 5 years. not a very likely cause of the light, but possible i guess.

Archived