LegacyGT.com

blizzard 2010

quick4dr

reporting in, just got home in about 5-7 inches of snow. with drifts and plow tracks up to 16 inches.

Dunlop d3's kick ass. ZERO issue what so ever. 225,45,17 35 psi front 33 psi rear.

I had real crappy rubber last year and now i'm thrilled that these tires are exactly what i hoped for, for winter ability.

post pictures shortly gotta warm up a little first.

snow total of about 26 inches. left for work this morning at 6ish got there 7ish. 14.xx miles from my door to Acura of Ramsey. the thruway > 287 > 17 was one lane if that. these tires cut through this crap with ease.

Nice, I had a smooth ride from Edgewater up to Seymour, CT. No traffic and roads were relatively clear on the hutch and merrit. Only issue was some lady in a sentra hit some snow on slight right curve on the merrit and pinballed off the left snowbank then into the shoulder snow bank. Was pretty wild seeing it from about 400 feet behind her.

-mike

The Leggy is amazing. The AWD never ceases to amaze me. Mines lowered on Rev C JDM Bilsteins and some Yoko Advan S2's and I had no issues pulling through 8-10 inches of snow yesterday. I can't imagine how well it would go with some snows.

The Leggy is amazing. The AWD never ceases to amaze me. Mines lowered on Rev C JDM Bilsteins and some Yoko Advan S2's and I had no issues pulling through 8-10 inches of snow yesterday. I can't imagine how well it would go with some snows.

What no M3 in the snow??? Haaa.

Stop by one of these days!

-mike

Hey Mike. Long time. I do plan on coming by soon. Subie needs the Timing Belt done and I'm still milking the clutch. I'm probably going to wait until the Spring since I'm not putting alot of miles on it these days. The M3 while a ton of fun, was just way too impractical. If my daily commute was 10 miles it would have been great but 125 miles round trip is just too much. I ended up selling it for a profit so it worked out well. My new DD is a 2007 Mini Cooper S gets 37 MPGs, a ton of fun to drive and they just released an accessport for it. It's stock for now :)

Got stuck in some spots in bklyn. They just didn't plow. My car is lowered also so if it was too high and I lost momentum due to traffic in front, I got stuck. Other than that, great. Also would help to have a front LSD too..
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

This weather got me thinking again. Which we had the best of both worlds. The performance of the STI/handling and utility/ground clearance of the Forester....i.e. the Fozzy STI from SEMA....droool
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Hey Mike. Long time. I do plan on coming by soon. Subie needs the Timing Belt done and I'm still milking the clutch. I'm probably going to wait until the Spring since I'm not putting alot of miles on it these days. The M3 while a ton of fun, was just way too impractical. If my daily commute was 10 miles it would have been great but 125 miles round trip is just too much. I ended up selling it for a profit so it worked out well. My new DD is a 2007 Mini Cooper S gets 37 MPGs, a ton of fun to drive and they just released an accessport for it. It's stock for now :)

Nice! Just let me know when you want to come down. Gotta check out my new ride! :)

-mike

15 inches here in Queens and the side streets and some main roads were NOT plowed more than 24 hours later. I assure you, Subies including my 2, 4matic POS street radial Bimmers, Benzes, stock height Explorees w/all seasons, 4Runners, were ALL getting stuck. I have an Explorer with oversize All-Terrains and got stuck a couple of times myself (rocked out of it). This was dense often packed snow that most cars and trucks just floated on on the middle chassis taking weight off the wheels. They key for this storm really has been ride height + good all-terrains or mud comps not necessarily AWD, 4wd, or lockers from what I've seen. On Saturday night, I saw dozens of corners of NYC with multitudes of SUVs and pickups completely stranded in the middle of the road. Mostly lifted trucks were getting around.
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

It was fine for me, still putting snows on it today since my A/S's have a bubble in a sidewall that needs to be replaced

Nice, I had a smooth ride from Edgewater up to Seymour, CT. No traffic and roads were relatively clear on the hutch and merrit. Only issue was some lady in a sentra hit some snow on slight right curve on the merrit and pinballed off the left snowbank then into the shoulder snow bank. Was pretty wild seeing it from about 400 feet behind her.

-mike

Whatchu doing in my neck of the woods?:eek::confused:

It was fine for me, still putting snows on it today since my A/S's have a bubble in a sidewall that needs to be replaced

Whatchu doing in my neck of the woods?:eek::confused:

Had to go up to do a cable inspection up there for work where they manufacture the cable.

-mike

I was going to a friends house to watch the Saints game on his new 55" LED flat screen on Monday night. My dead end street was still covered with 20"-30" snow drifts. I knew that there was a possibility of me not making it especially since I had just gotten lowered on EE springs, but curiosity got the best of me. I wanted to test my car's limit. I did a successful K-turn, then plowed on forward about 15 feet before I high-centered. I rocked back and forth until I got back into my parking space. I also threw an error 55 and AT OIL TEMP flashing while doing so. So, I left my car to cool down, walked up and around my street and called my friend to come pick me up in his tC :lol:

Mike, I went over to the shop today and had Adam take a look at my AT fluid. All's good. Thanks again, I really appreciate your guys' help. I'm sure if I took it to my dealer, they would've given me some bull and charged me up the ass!

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Archived