LegacyGT.com

12/26/10 Blizzard

Garandman

Looks like a major storm, with forecast amounts from 0 on the outer Cape to 24" in Wustah.

Boston forecast is still 12-20". In the Boston neighborhoods that makes things a real mess. But I bought a used Ariens STE 1124 Pro snow thrower, so I'm going to have fun one way or the other!

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I picked up a used set of Conti snow tires this afternoon on craigslist for 250. Had them put on today as well. I've had an eye out for a set for a while, kind of convienent that the big storm is tonight. My commute tomrrow morning will start at 6:00am... It should be interesting to see what 128 is like.

Have a safe ride, those are good tires. This storm will probably net us some good NASIOC threads with damaged fender / wheel photos.

I'm actually impressed, the roads look pretty empty at the moment. Predictably, my local supermarket ran out of milk and bread. :)

I picked up a used set of Conti snow tires this afternoon on craigslist for 250. Had them put on today as well. I've had an eye out for a set for a while, kind of convienent that the big storm is tonight. My commute tomrrow morning will start at 6:00am... It should be interesting to see what 128 is like.
A lot of businesses are closing for tomorrow because the snow will continue to noon. We've closed and so has our main vendor.

Wind is currently 30 gusting over 40. That compresses the snow, makes drifts, and makes driving in it a lot tougher.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Update: I just arrived at work. Waltham to Woburn took almost exactly double what it should have taken... 44 minutes. 128 north started out great, two lanes with bare pavement, then it got progressively worse. I managed to average about 35mph comfortably. No drama whatsoever with the Conti snows. :wub:

I am up in NH west of Manchester in the Monadnock region visiting with family for the week. I was hoping to hit the slopes today with my kids but may have to wait until later with very high winds presently as well as alot of snow. Should be an epic day tomorrow :)

To add insult to injury your street is tight (pause)!
You should have seen it in 2003, when we got 25" in one storm. NOAA says we got 18" but it didn't seem that much.

http://dervish.smugmug.com/photos/1139597351_pHV2v-L.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived