LegacyGT.com

08 Volkwagen GTI VS Subaru WRX/Legacy GT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reality is that most of the people who buy VW's would be driving BMW's if they could afford them.

In the end, there's just no sense in arguing with the Eurotrash. Better to just smile and move on.

Or an Audi..... having worked for several years selling BMW's (which I do really love) I can say this statement is pretty much 99.99999999999999% accurate. :lol:

Smile and move on... with your life as they waste theirs at the local VW service counter waiting to get their coil packs and control arms replaced AGAIN. Or all of the little hoses and crap from using dino oil for 8k miles in a synthetic only car. And alternators. Or god forbid, they have a Passat and need motor mounts and tie rods once a year.

Fixed.:lol:

I am having this long debate with someone I know. He claims the VW GTI is FAR BETTER then any Subaru made.

Heh...that made me chuckle a little. We ALL have our problems. My friend's Jetta blows more coilpacks than a drunk college frat girl does random men on spring break. NEVER saw or heard of a Subaru's coilpack burning out like that. To be fair, the late model EJ25s knock harder than the FBI.

He say's it is Luxurious, Fast, Sporty.

Subjective to models/years. A fully loaded LGT Limited is fast & sporty. Can't really say 'luxurious' though. Really nice is about as close as I can approach that term. Then again, I can call GTIs fast & luxurious but not really sporty. R32 Golfs are sporty.

It's quick and Sporty yeah. Luxurious? No. He is trying to tell me Ricers drive AWD. And that FWD is far superior. It somewhat angers me. Not sure why.

Oh. Forgive me if I press a button when I say this but the terms 'ricer' & 'fwd' belong together like a married couple with herpes. Those overzealous Honda Civic owners started it all when I was in high school. That's ALL you saw back in 2000-2003. Almost nobody had a Subaru in high school at that time. You only saw the older people driving them & they were mostly Outbacks or Ls. It was rare to see a GT (where I'm from anyway.)

I am here to see what other people think about these 2 cars. I feel they are in a different league.

They are in a different league.

Now compare the Passat & Legacy. NOW we've got a good bout.

Just tell him that they are very nice cars for having been built in India, Russia and Brazil. (I might be remembering those wrong.)

We test drove the TDI before buying the wife's 2010 Forester, and interior fit and finish was quite nice. Two things pushed us back to subaru. First the nagging reports of electrical problems in VW's. Second was the price tag. One Dealer we talked to actually had a $3000 mark-up on all the TDI versions. That was above the sticker price. Since we had driven an hour to get to the dealer we still asked to drive the car. The battery was so dead the jump pack wouldn't start it. This was after they told us the mark up was due to the "high demand" for these TDI's, haha.

I wish I had a video camera with me for the next part. As we were walking back to the dealership office to leave, we were chatting with the sales guy and he asked what I did for a living. He already knew my wife was a massage therapist, since we we interested in the wagon for the cargo area to move her table when needed. So he looks at me and says "So are you a massage therapist too?" I replied, "No, I'm a Dentist."

It looked like someone just killed his puppy and he just kinda slouched over...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Just tell him that they are very nice cars for having been built in India, Russia and Brazil. (I might be remembering those wrong.)

We test drove the TDI before buying the wife's 2010 Forester, and interior fit and finish was quite nice. Two things pushed us back to subaru. First the nagging reports of electrical problems in VW's. Second was the price tag. One Dealer we talked to actually had a $3000 mark-up on all the TDI versions. That was above the sticker price. Since we had driven an hour to get to the dealer we still asked to drive the car. The battery was so dead the jump pack wouldn't start it. This was after they told us the mark up was due to the "high demand" for these TDI's, haha.

I wish I had a video camera with me for the next part. As we were walking back to the dealership office to leave, we were chatting with the sales guy and he asked what I did for a living. He already knew my wife was a massage therapist, since we we interested in the wagon for the cargo area to move her table when needed. So he looks at me and says "So are you a massage therapist too?" I replied, "No, I'm a Dentist."

It looked like someone just killed his puppy and he just kinda slouched over...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

They always casually ask what your job is to gouge your disposable income. I tell them i scrub toilets or recently, should start sayin I'm a real estate agent. Same thing :lol:

I am sure you meant gauge. But in the end gouge was the right word:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

They always casually ask what your job is to gouge your disposable income. I tell them i scrub toilets or recently, should start sayin I'm a real estate agent. Same thing :lol:

"I work for the IRS" should also be a hit.

453747.png

I can tell them what I do, since there are so few RR employees in this country they have no idea what our income level is. I usually just get a blank stare when I tell a salesman what I do.

Conductor?????;)

But then, he might ask you to see your baton.

Maybe if I'm lucky by the end of the year I'll be an engineer, we'll see how things go. Either way it would stump a car salesman for gauging any kind of income level. Which is just fine with me. Not that I am super rich, but RR employees in operations positions do fairly well.

Maybe if I'm lucky by the end of the year I'll be an engineer, we'll see how things go. Either way it would stump a car salesman for gauging any kind of income level. Which is just fine with me. Not that I am super rich, but RR employees in operations positions do fairly well.

Can I get a hat???:lol:

Go for it P!:lol: I am proud of you:) It could not happen to a better patriot than you.

Nothing to really be proud of, mostly just a lot of dumb luck. I got into this industry kind of on a whim, and just found that I like it.

As for the locomotive engineer training program, well once my seniority allows I'll get in. I've put in on every class posted in my area but my seniority hasn't gotten me in yet. After I finally do get my card, I'll have some decisions to make about my future with the company and what it is I want to do. Run trains for 28 more years, or chase the corporate ladder in OP's management.

As for the patriot part, even though we frequently disagree on things, thanks. I don't think much of my service, and frankly do not feel that I was an outstanding example of a US Marine. I did my part, but can't say that I did it to my absolute full 100% potential at all times. That bothers me in retrospect, you know the "what could I have really done?" nagging question. I suppose everyone has them.

Archived