LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket headlight bulb selection?

Im looking to upgrade my headlight bulbs, trying to find some bulbs that are brighter and preferebly white. Im just not totally sure wattage I should buy. If anyone has any links are know the specs of the bulbs I would need please post up a link or let me know. Thanks!

• I Donated

http://cgi.ebay.com/HB2-9003-H4-9004-9007-HID-BiXenon-KIT-Bi-Xenon-Hi-Lo-/270448153779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ef7f754b3#ht_4564wt_908

If you want a "true white" you will have to go with HID lights. There are several different color temperatures to choose from. For a true white, you will want about 6000K bulbs.

As far as standard halogen lights, you will never have a true white.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

http://www.neweggmall.com/Product/2009420340/product.html?cm_mmc=PCE-GoogleSearch-_-Automotive-_-Exterior%20Accessories-_-2009420340

This is what I have in mine (not sure about the model of bulb, but the same kind: crystal vision ultra), and it's completely plug and play. I have them in both my headlights and fogs, and I love it. Much better light output, I think it's rated at 4100K so it's a pretty white light too. People have asked if I have HIDs haha, but they definitely get the job done. For a quick swap, they're well worth it.

• I Donated
http://www.neweggmall.com/Product/2009420340/product.html?cm_mmc=PCE-GoogleSearch-_-Automotive-_-Exterior%20Accessories-_-2009420340

This is what I have in mine (not sure about the model of bulb, but the same kind: crystal vision ultra), and it's completely plug and play. I have them in both my headlights and fogs, and I love it. Much better light output, I think it's rated at 4100K so it's a pretty white light too. People have asked if I have HIDs haha, but they definitely get the job done. For a quick swap, they're well worth it.

Those have a blue film over the bulb. That actually cuts down on the light output. Sylvania Silverstars are the same way. It appears to be brighter just because of the color light thats coming out. There is a pretty extensive guide about automotive lighting I saw not too long ago. I'll see if I can't dig it up.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

^^ That's over the tip of the bulb though, not where the filament is. The reflectors inside the housing take care of the rest of the job of directing the light to where it needs to be. Regardless, there's a noticeable increase in the clarity and distance down the road that I can see, and I give them my approval at least :) for $30, it's one of the better things that I've done for my lighting IMO.

osram nightbreakers!!! those are the best lights in my opinion. I got mine from lithuania on ebay, because the bulbs are only made in Germany and not really sold here. But they are brighter then the brightest sylvania(osram is the parent company) and have the life of the longest life sylvania bulbs. I just got a set for my jdm fogs and i cant wait to install them. They are pure white even in my old usdm headlights.

plus in my opinion its very assholeish to be driving around with HID's in headlights not designed for it. Projectors have a cut off so you dont blind the other drivers coming at you, and drivers in front of you. But having a hid setup in stock reflectors is just going to bounce light all around your reflector and in everyones eyes while driving. I really recommend the Osram Nighbreaker bulbs if you want nice and BRIGHT bulbs(without having to get HID's and blinding anyone)

http://cgi.ebay.com/HB2-9003-H4-9004-9007-HID-BiXenon-KIT-Bi-Xenon-Hi-Lo-/270448153779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ef7f754b3#ht_4564wt_908

If you want a "true white" you will have to go with HID lights. There are several different color temperatures to choose from. For a true white, you will want about 6000K bulbs.

As far as standard halogen lights, you will never have a true white.

these bulb do not fit ion my car... spent 50 bucks on bulbs that dont even fit.. if they fit anyone else car then be my guest and buy them.. 30 bucks shipped

and also.. i never could figure out how to take the bulbs off the harness. i think i did get them out of the car though.

haha... you do have alot of lights.... how far ahead can you see? and how wide

width depends on how i aim the lights on the bar, i had two aimed slightly outward in each direction to light up the sides, while the 8" Bosch fogs and jdm projectors lit the middle, and the low beam HIDs scorched the far ahead

:spin:

Archived