LegacyGT.com

Opinons needed!!what to do with my legacyy?

hello all, recently my 1999 legacy 2.2L sedan had not to good of a day. The oil pump went on the car while it was being driven. Oil light came on and within 30 seconds car was making odd noises. Car had been very well taken care of had checked the oil 2 days before and it was all good, now it was bone dry. Now the engine has a pretty good knock. besides engine and oil pump is a very solid car never had a problem with it. I was planning on getting a new car soon and I did this past weekend, 2005 legacy gt wagon and love it. But now I am trying to figure out what I should do with the 1999. Should i try to sell as is? it is a completely stock car with aftermarket audio system. Part the car out?Or should I replace the engine and then try to make a sale?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

• I Donated
Any idea what a good price is on one of these used? I had a junk yard telling me theyd sell me one with 170k on it for $1k (seemed high). Another told me $600 and didnt have a mileage to tell me.

That is pretty high. I've seen good condition EJ22s selling for less then $400

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

That is pretty high. I've seen good condition EJ22s selling for less then $400

Absolutely true. Those junkyards are out of their minds if someone is going to pay $1k for an engine with 170,000 miles. I can get a 25,000 mile 2.5L JDM import for that same price..

and i have

Me too lol

I think ordering a JDM motor may be you best bet. Just use the block, since thats what is damaged, rebuild the USDM heads an put her back together. Will make the value of the car go up also.

Me too lol

I think ordering a JDM motor may be you best bet. Just use the block, since thats what is damaged, rebuild the USDM heads an put her back together. Will make the value of the car go up also.

hmm.. How hard would the swap be from a 2.2 to a 2.5?

Ah you have the 2.2. You could use the stock heads and intake mani and it would be really easy. Just like having a bored out block. I dont know how well the 2.5 would like the 2.2 heads but It would be more powerful than the 2.2. Use 2.2 headgaskets and timing belt kit.

tigerjapanese.com

/thread

Have you ordered an engine from them before? I think i am going to go ahead an order a ej25, but has anyone actually ordered an engine from one of these distributors? It would make me a lot more comfortable if someone has any positive feedback for a certain one.

yes, i had an ej25de delivered from tigerjapanese in april (i think) of 2009... pallet delivered through DHL, took about a week, reported 25k miles, swap went well, the only thing is that the IM wasn't tapped for an EGR, not a huge deal but it caused a cel, easy fix, just never bothered me enough to fix

other than that, customer service was great,i had to specially ask it delivered to my house instead of a shop but they had no problem doing it

Archived