LegacyGT.com

Power cutting off at 4,000 rpm?

definitely fill the gas tank if you haven't yet; ecu is an effin mystery re no-cel limp, sometimes it seems that it will 'protect' you until it 'sees' you've done some arbitrary task of renewal. in my episode, the car came back to life after pausing for a fill-up about 30-40 minutes/miles into the limpy trip.

if that doesn't fly or if you've tried already, might want to give a real obd scanner a shot at one of the chains -- ap can be nototriously soft in reading latent codes.

best luck.

If your battery died your ECU went back to the stage 1 base map. Which has the rpm cut out. You need to plug your AP back in and load the REAL TIME map. You have a base map and then a REAL TIME map on top of that. Hope you understand what I'm saying. Its been years since I had an AP. I had this same thing happen to me after un plugging the battery and working on the car. Scared the crap out of me.

• 5 years later...
The symptoms are that of limp mode. Does your radiator fan run continuously when the key is in the "on" position? Are you getting an ER SS message on the info display? Is the ABS light on? Is the cruise light flashing?

Car will not rev beyond 4000rpm when in limp mode.

Hello, I am having this issue right now as I thought it was the speed sensor as that is the ecu code I am getting. I am about to have my front wheel bearing replaced to see if that helps with my magnetic sensor on the hub. Also would I need to reflash my ecu if I disconnect my battery?

• 8 months later...
Hae Iv got the same problem when Iv taken the terminals of the battery for 5 mins it runs fine like it will boost fine both turbos are running mint then 5 mins later it comes up with the check engine light and goes into limp mode and I don't know what the problem is and I just replaced the gearbox it's a legacy b4

Hae Iv got the same problem when Iv taken the terminals of the battery for 5 mins it runs fine like it will boost fine both turbos are running mint then 5 mins later it comes up with the check engine light and goes into limp mode and I don't know what the problem is and I just replaced the gearbox it's a legacy b4

Your problem is different. You are more than likely overboosting and hitting fuel cut.

• 7 months later...

Archived