LegacyGT.com

one problemafter another

my wife legecy outback is a champ no major probs for 4 years my lgt is the opposite new motor after 1 week of ownin, new clutch tranny after 3 months and a random bit of upgrades and other headaches to cv shafts, battery, plugs, wires, alt. just wonderin if any body else has had this many roadblocks / pains. i know zues feels the pain atm

You put in a new motor or used? Putting a used motor in can always cause a string of problems if you get a bad one. How many miles are on your LGT? Have you been the only owner? How has the past maintenance been?

What caused the motor and tranny to go?

Not really, when I got mine I knew it needed suspension and a front cv. Beyond that, little problems here and there have come up and I love to hunt them down. The 2.2 is rock solid, I've loved it :) once you get it to prime running condition, you shouldn't be having too many problems unless you beat the absolute living shit outta her.

Not really, when I got mine I knew it needed suspension and a front cv. Beyond that, little problems here and there have come up and I love to hunt them down. The 2.2 is rock solid, I've loved it :) once you get it to prime running condition, you shouldn't be having too many problems unless you beat the absolute living shit outta her.

I do and she keeps going.

I just can't be like that to my car. It's my baby!

I've had to do the timing belt, O2 sensor, replace the tranny, change all the fluids, and new tires. That is where I stand right now. I still have to do oil pump, valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, fuel filter, and struts. Then I will be done!

Yeah I have no oil leaks (yet).

This car is my baby. But it takes a beating and keeps on going. Surprises me sometimes. 170k on her. I also have the 2.2 though. I can see right now why it's called bullet proof.

I've had to do the timing belt, O2 sensor, replace the tranny, change all the fluids, and new tires. That is where I stand right now. I still have to do oil pump, valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, fuel filter, and struts. Then I will be done!

Done? What's that mean? :cool:

I'm "done" too, but that doesn't mean I'm done ;) many different thoughts, ideas, and whatnot.

^^ obviously, I kid I kid.

Hope everything works out with all of the new parts. I haven't done the valve cover gaskets (no need at this point), but the rest really makes a difference! If you're doing the work over the winter though, find a heated garage haha.

Archived