LegacyGT.com

When was the last canyon run or drive of any kind?

Drew888

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm down to go to the coffee and cars thing if the peeps free on the 19th are still down. I'd be a bit wary of anything faster than a canyon cruise this time of year, I bet lots of cops will be out trying to hit their end of year ticket quotas...

Maybe this month could be a mini meet on both dates, and we could try to set up a bigger BBQ in 2011? Fontana has street legals again Jan 8 and Feb 12 (I vote for Feb 12, going snowboarding on Jan 8)

Kool, where to meet on the 19th then? That irvine thing in the morning? Any other recommendations? Could meet somewhere for lunch if peeps wanna sleep in. Only 30% chance for rain in Irvine, that doesn't sound too bad.

I'll be staying in the North Hollywood / Silverlake area in case that matters, but I'm down to meet anywhere... except SD maybe =p

I just googled Cars and Coffee, and their website says they meet Saturdays not Sundays =p

You guys still wanna meet there at Irvine at 7am? Or we could make it not as early, say brunch time. Any other location options? Irvine might be pretty central for those coming up from oside/SD

Heck, my wife has come to several of the meets. She even drove her car, LOL. She has been to at least two in NY/NJ and been to at least 2 here. Plus S3.

LALGT convinced his wife to come to the meets too.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

I have had the wife at a few of the meets too.. As a matter of fact she has been the camera "chick" for more than one meet of all of the guys.

Morning of 19th is on then, what works for everyone... 10am or earlier/later?

How bout location-

Original Cars and Coffee idea doesn't look like it'll work since it's on saturdays.

Other options:

Random park- William R. Mason Regional Park in Irvine has covered picnic shelters in case it rains, and there's BBQ pits there I believe if we wanna cook/stay warm. Lots of outdoor space to toss the football/frisbee around too.

Random restaurant- probly easier to park, maybe we could find a place with TV's to watch football (fantasy football playoffs this weekend!). Hooters perhaps?

Random beach- could be hard to find parking for all the subies

Someone's house- Kemosavi offered his place, anyone else wanna host?

I've got the stage 4 jump going on so I doubt the car will be ready by the 19th. It is very possible that I will roll out in the Durango with the tripod and camera if enough cars are going to show up washed and pretty.

Anyway, Hooters doesn't have anything I can eat - I don't eat fried :lol: (not since my bachelor party anyway). Whats worse than a previously empty belly full of liquor? A belly full of grease THEN topped off with liquor. :vomit:

...and for my usual off topic shenanagins...

LALGT convinced his wife to come to the meets too.

My wife is still wondering if she is faster than yours:eek:. Next Fontana meet its on - Frontier vs Durango:p. What we need is to grab SoCalSleeper's wife and take the three in rental Chevy Cobalts to Omnicron's favorite hawt spot cart track.

They also have... oysters? wait, those are fried also huh http://legacygt.com/forums/../images/smilies/lol.gif... know any other restaurants you can recommend?

Stage 4!? what are you getting Max? Is this the secret project you mentioned?

Marky I'm sure I have no idea what your talking about!:icon_chee

Ryan, who said anything about VEGAN!?!?! You do know I eat everything from the rooter to the tooter right? I am probably one of the few on there that regularly eats tongue, brain, heart, liver, etc... I just don't eat fried. It makes me sick (I know, I know, go figure - organs are fine but oil is not...) Sorry to be an old man party pooper.

Archived