LegacyGT.com

When was the last canyon run or drive of any kind?

Drew888

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the alignment, I recommend Firestone. Nationwide service, lifetime alignment about $160. Any corporate Firestone in the nation will perform the service. Get an alignment as many times as you want for as long as you own the car. I have been in twice in the same day for alignments. No questions asked.

Bought 1 in New Jersey, used it in 3 states already. I have no affiliation with Firestone, but I use the service on every car I own. Even my mini truck has it, and they dont complain about aligning it either.

Um. yeah, your a little more negative than most. Some branches will do performacne alignments for you. The one in Jersey did for me. The one in Vista does for me now. It depends on how well you "conect" with the manager and techs.

But your alignment is complicated by the extreme drop and offset of the wheels. There is a price to pay to ride around with the look you desire.

ACH and upper tujunga and other canyons are quite dangerous right now, lots of gravel and salt from last snow. Some lower sections are cleaner.

I will join if I am in LA when that happens. Always up for canyon drives. Might take my Miata though.

I got the firestone deal also. The one I went to in Alhambra could only do stock specs, but the one local near my place in San Jose could only get -.6 all around.

This custom alignment shop I usually go to can get -1.1 on stock camber bolts, so I know it's possible to get more. I'll try a few more firestones until I find one that can do -1 also.

Archived