LegacyGT.com

auxiliary lighting setups

alexJay

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I live in a rural area where deer and other animals can be a problem, and because of this I have been wanting to do some sort of light upgrade in order to get more visibility driving on the back roads.

In doing this I don't really want big 6in lights hanging off the front of my car, I'm just not a huge fan of the way it looks on a stock car. So are there any lights out there that would either fit under/behind/around the grill fins, or go down on the bottom of the bumber that would still throw alot of light?

I'm aware I might be asking for something that doesn't exist but I just wanted to get your opinions on the matter.

Thanks in advance guys!

I bought some 2" rectangles from pilot at walmart for my truck. I put 100w bulbs in it and had amazing backup lights. For ~25$ they are small enough that they might work for you.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/28/eteja7y2.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/28/a9e8e4u7.jpg

Ya, I know what you are saying. I had 4 daylighters on the front for that, so I never compared them to the headlights. Good luck with your search. Another option if you are interested is an aftermarket grill so you can get bigger lights back there, and keep the front end nice and clean(er) imo. Bmb and I both have that going on.

• 1 month later...

There's also a grommet in the outer aspect of the footwell on each side. Access to the engine compartment side of it is most easily gained by removing or displacing the wheel-well liner.

OG johnAWD's old how-to describes the procedure very nicely:

http://jsalmi.com/car/boostgauge/

The convenient thing about using this route is that on the left side of the vehicle, in-cabin, it comes out right over by the fuse box at the driver's left knee.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 5 months later...

Couple of the updated light locations.

Current mods list as best as I can remember:

King Springs

Crosstrek wheels/tires

stainless steel braided brake and clutch lines

front and rear Primitive skid plates

Primitive front light bar/guard (a rear version is in production now)

Rhino roof rack

Rigid Industries 20" light bar

Rigid Industries 6" light bar (2)

Hella Rallye 4000 lights

tint

JVC Nav

DEFI boost gauge

Cobb down pipe

Cobb AP @ stage 2

Magnaflow exhaust

LED headlights

CObb Short intake