LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 tune, and MPG reading

Deadleave

Does tuning throw off the little clock, MPG gauge ?

If I drive gentle, I get crap MPG on the gauge

If I drive hard, the gauge goes up ?

Is that normal ?

Also what do you guys average on stage 2

Last 3 fill ups = 260~270 miles per tank which is around 15.5~16 mpg, but the gauge read 17~18 mpg

Just curious

Ok, so it's calculated from injector data ?

Didn't know if that little float on the fuel pump had anything to do with it.

Don't think it has anything to do with the fuel pump. Think its based on Injector Pulse Width, Injector Duty Cycle, etc. Once you change injectors or tuning, the data fed to the trip computer probably needs rescaled to be accurate. Given the wide variety of injectors and tunes out there, probably not anything anybody will ever tackle cost efficiently.

I've been stage 2 for about 6 mos now and am constantly in the 22-24 mpg range. The guage is constantly 1-2 mpg high. 50/50 hwy/city split. Can esily get 26-28 mpg on steady hwy trip. When I'm on it hard and a lot of city the worst I've seen is 20mpg

• Mega Users
Crap! I can drive like an old lady and coast to lights so I don't have to stop, but I can only get 18 with mixed city/highway. All highway is 22mpg. That is driving at 60mph. I'm at stage 1 now. WTF is wrong with my car? My tires are at 38/40 psi.

Crap! I can drive like an old lady and coast to lights so I don't have to stop, but I can only get 18 with mixed city/highway. All highway is 22mpg. That is driving at 60mph. I'm at stage 1 now. WTF is wrong with my car? My tires are at 38/40 psi.

That doesn't sound too far outside of average, especially with the auto.

With the 5MT and stage 1 I got about the same 19/25? My commute to work is 6 miles of about 35mph zone. I regularly get about 19-20 (stock / stage1 /stage 2).

Ive noticed that as well..that it seems whenever Im on it, I seem to get better mileage than when Im driving like a grandma lol. Ive stopped relying on that thing cause its never been right for me. Its always off by at least 2 MPG... One fill up Ill be getting 23 MPG... and the next it says Im getting 16.3 MPG.

Cobb Stage 1, tires whatever pressure

According to my trip computer...

Straight hwy driving, cruise control it normally says 28mpg going 75mph. I noticed I can get very close to 30mpg going 65, and its goes to like 26 cruising over 80mph

City driving, I get around 18-19, last time it was 16, and I am pretty aggressive driver when by myself. And have more fun on the smaller roads (mainly accel hard to speed limit from a lot of stop signs) of course whenever its safe

Mixed driving averages to around 22-24mpg

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Geez, how do you do that, and can I have some.

This car got 22 at most stock, mixed driving. Worst Ive seen is ~15 mpg

From reading other mpg posts, it seems like some cars are destined for better or worse mpg for some reason. I may have one of the lucky ones. My 23 mile round trip to work that is 50/50 I regularly average 24-25mpg. I would have to live in the boost to try to get it below 20mpg and havent gotten there yet:spin::lol:

Does tuning throw off the little clock, MPG gauge ?

If I drive gentle, I get crap MPG on the gauge

If I drive hard, the gauge goes up ?

Is that normal ?

Also what do you guys average on stage 2

Last 3 fill ups = 260~270 miles per tank which is around 15.5~16 mpg, but the gauge read 17~18 mpg

Just curious

Lets make this easy, how many gallons have you filled up from each of the last 3 tanks?

Either your tank is larger than normal or you are extremely low on fuel if you're going 260 miles and only getting 15-16 real mpg. You would have to be filling 16 gallons (as far as i'm aware, on a 16.9 gallon tank) to get 16.3 mpg. 15 gallons would give you 17.3 mpg and 14 gallons would give you 18.6 mpg.

You really can't compare values with people outside of your area. From what i've noticed over the 1 year that i've had my GT, they are very sensitive to hills. The slightest incline has quite an effect on gas mileage. Also, as someone else mentioned, the cars vary from one to the next.

My now ex-girlfriend has an 09 WRX and averaged 20-22 mpg city, we work at the same company (drive the same route because we started at different times) and my 5EAT GT averaged 16-18 mpg. On road-trips, we both average 23-26 mpg

Archived