LegacyGT.com

it will fit, the exterior dimensions of both models are the same. someone was in a collision and the insurance company accdiently replaced their 2.5i hood with a GT hood so it's also been done before.

although.... the hoodscoop would have no function if you have no intercooler?

also why would you want to spend money for a GT hood when you could spend that money on other functional mods? you're free to pursue whatever avenue of mods you choose but it just seems unwise.

thanks for the help, my biggest concern is having that scoop will push water and crap into the engine bay. i know it serves no function but i really like that look and hoods are only about 150 bucks. i am not thinking of doing this soon i was more just wondering if it can be done with out causeing problems to the car. I am still trying to find some muffler or an exhaust that will be first, thanks again for the help.

i guess the question is, has anyone done this to there NA car, and were there any negative effects?

it will fit, the exterior dimensions of both models are the same. someone was in a collision and the insurance company accdiently replaced their 2.5i hood with a GT hood so it's also been done before.

although.... the hoodscoop would have no function if you have no intercooler?

also why would you want to spend money for a GT hood when you could spend that money on other functional mods? you're free to pursue whatever avenue of mods you choose but it just seems unwise.

someone cant read...

sorry let me rephrase the question, has any one on purpose put a GT hood on there NA car? i am wondering if i need to worry about water hitting anything else because the intercooler wont be there. and i dont race, i did that in my muscle car and my silverado but this car was bought because i am expecting a child and didnt want them in a regular cab 500hp silverado. but thank you for the concern.

my concern is... is it worth it? the money u'r going spend for something doesn't belong to your car?:rolleyes:

why dont just get a rear sway bar, which is much more functional for your car

btw, I dont think it's a good idea to inject dust, water, snow into your engine bay by any mean of it IMO..

plus ricers will try to race u cuz they saw the gt hood, it doesnt mean u will race them back, but u will be annoyed eventually :eek:

I don't think you will have any issues at all. If the scoop doesn't fill the LGT engine bay with crap, why would it do that to the NA Legacy? I know there is an IC on the LGT, but so what, and if you are that worried, cut a piece of metal to close off the opening underneath the hood.

It is a bit of a waste of money, but so are 20 in wheels in my opinion. Do what you like with your car!

sorry let me rephrase the question, has any one on purpose put a GT hood on there NA car? i am wondering if i need to worry about water hitting anything else because the intercooler wont be there. and i dont race, i did that in my muscle car and my silverado but this car was bought because i am expecting a child and didnt want them in a regular cab 500hp silverado. but thank you for the concern.

The intercooler on the GT cars wont' stop water from getting into the engine bay either. You'll be fine.

The intercooler on the GT cars wont' stop water from getting into the engine bay either. You'll be fine.

Exactly.

You can spray water on your entire engine bay and not have to worry about electronics unless you forcefully spray it into somewhere it shouldn't be. (Pressure washer)

Or take a look at the late 90s Outbacks.. Subaru put the LGT hoodscoop on them (or the other way around) and they were NA... ours just has a metal baffle of some sort on it to keep crap from getting in to the engine bay. If anything it probably keeps the engine bay cooler...

I can snap a pic of what it looks like under the scoop if you want? I bet you could buy that baffle as well...

Or take a look at the late 90s Outbacks.. Subaru put the LGT hoodscoop on them (or the other way around) and they were NA... ours just has a metal baffle of some sort on it to keep crap from getting in to the engine bay. If anything it probably keeps the engine bay cooler...

I can snap a pic of what it looks like under the scoop if you want? I bet you could buy that baffle as well...

same with the RS around 00s

^ correct, however the RS imprezas had a foam blocker inside the scoop. the vent did not exhaust into the engine bay. (ask me how I know, drove an 01' for about 8 months while mid stg 3 build on the GT). God do I love/miss the look of that little baby rally car though:wub:.

granted the LGT hoods do look more:cool:, I'd still say go with function>form. But as rock2534 said, its your car do with it as you please.

If you find someone with a FMIC on their LGT, who has the same color, they will most likely trade out no cost... Many of the folks with big mods want the sleeper NA hood..

It keeps ricers from always wanting to race you!!! :lol::lol:

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Check the for sale forum, looks like some totaled their spec b and is selling as many parts as they can. You could get the hood from them, although I don't know what something like that would cost to ship, assuming you are not able to pick it up.

• I Donated
thanks for the help, my biggest concern is having that scoop will push water and crap into the engine bay. i know it serves no function but i really like that look and hoods are only about 150 bucks. i am not thinking of doing this soon i was more just wondering if it can be done with out causeing problems to the car. I am still trying to find some muffler or an exhaust that will be first, thanks again for the help.

you will be fine with a gt hood. a lot less water will get into the engine bay then you would think.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived