LegacyGT.com

CAUTION: noob question - self-dimming rearview mirror

my 05 was definitely pre-wired. The whole install takes about 5 minutes. If memory serves, it's one plug.

The instructions would read as follows:

1) remove map light

2) locate plug

3) plug in plug

4) reattach map light

5) feel stupid for bringing way more tools to the car than you needed

You might need instructions for calibrating the compass, though. I seem to remember something about driving around in a few slow circles or something.

to set compass, drive in LARGE slow circles until it get's it's bearings. If Large circle (i.e. parking lot) is not available you can do a 4 point turn, facing the car in at 90 degree directions each time.

The map light pops right off, I had to get in there to wire up my XM. I already had the mirror, but the wire is right there, really simple.

don't consider it "tearing" it's exploring. You really can't mess anything up on this area, it just pops right off. Go out and pull down on the lens and it should pop right off. I think the wires are under the lenses.... I don't think there was anything additional to remove.

don't consider it "tearing" it's exploring. You really can't mess anything up on this area, it just pops right off. Go out and pull down on the lens and it should pop right off. I think the wires are under the lenses.... I don't think there was anything additional to remove.

Pull out the lens which exposes 2 screws next to the light bulbs holding the plastic panel to the roof. Remove the 2 screws and the plastic panel can be removed, which will expose the harness that you need to plug into for the mirror. I think it's a 3-4 pin harness, and it might be taped up to the main wiring up in the headliner about 2-3 inches the the right of the opening.

Archived