LegacyGT.com

Here is my D-I-Y JDM front Grill

firedawgs

how did you get that lil gap on the bottom of the grill not to be there?, I remember some one else doing this and because they cut the middle piece out it made the outer part of the grill bend, so there was a little gap. sorry if im not to clear....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how did you get that lil gap on the bottom of the grill not to be there?, I remember some one else doing this and because they cut the middle piece out it made the outer part of the grill bend, so there was a little gap. sorry if im not to clear....

The gap is only there if you buy the Euro or JDM grill. I used the stock grill and made my own JDM grill.

Thanks Round boy: I would help you make one if you were in the area.

The gap is only there if you buy the Euro or JDM grill. I used the stock grill and made my own JDM grill.

Thanks Round boy: I would help you make one if you were in the area.

This is the thread that we are referring regarding the gap in the bottom center -

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5513&highlight=grill

What did you do different to eliminate that gap?

I am thinking more and more on painting the mess black. That would be the finishing touches.

The gap you see on 05USdmGTGuy on that thread is simply he forgot to tuck the bottom into the bumper There are 2 peices on the bottom of the grill that slide into a lip on the bumper. That is the hardest part of the whole thing; trying to get the grill to line up with the grill and lining up the top four clips at the same time. Other than that there is 2 pop-off clips and two screws holding the grill in place.

if you paint it black make sure you do it right. That would look like ass real quick if the paint starts chipping. Its a great looking grille as it is, but being black would probably look better. I would just hate to see it start chipping because then it would really look nasty.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

but how much would it cost to paint the grill??

I could not tell you how much it would cost to paint. My car was in the shop for a hit and run accident anyways. I had them paint the grill while it was in there. My best guess would be under $75. To bad SOA does not make a paint spray for our cars.

Your right. A good primer and a few coats of black should do the trick.

if you paint it black make sure you do it right. That would look like ass real quick if the paint starts chipping. Its a great looking grille as it is, but being black would probably look better. I would just hate to see it start chipping because then it would really look nasty.

1) I am not sure what you mean by gaps? What gaps are you talking about?

This is a pic of another member who did the same thing you did, but with a gap in the bottom center - below the subaru badge.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3334

This is a pic of another member who did the same thing you did, but with a gap in the bottom center - below the subaru badge.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3334

OK, I see what you are talking about now. The most exterior portion of the gap (towards the front) is where I based my line to the sides. So, basically from the front gap to the side gaps I cut out. I'll post more pictures.

It is actually a piece of gutter guard at any Home Depot or Lowes. Just make sure it is stainless steel. Yes, I think my $12 grill is just as good as the $328 JDM grill.

Archived