LegacyGT.com

06 Legacy in June

how much are you willing to pay for one?

Up to $1000 including mounting and assembly. Of course, this is also dependent on available features in comparison to Garmin, TomTom and others. You have more info on the GPS, gt_lid?

Picture Gallery

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i love my 05 lgt ltd. had if for 2.5 wks now.... unless they made one with the STI engine and 6MT, then I doubt i'll move out of this. plus, for about $1500-2000, can turn it to stage 2 which will bring me up to the same, but without the overpriced insurance or cop magnet!
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Yah know, I b soooo happy wit me 2005 LGT dat I don't care what da 2006 come wit.

The only ting I am waiting for is a radio with Aux in and MP3!!!

2005 - let's do the radio swap ting!!! :lol::lol:

They've tacked a trailer on the Legacy commercial (two-wheelers), $1500 cash back on 2005 Legacys. Subaru.com of course is still not showing this. Maybe I'm seeing commercials not meant for my region via the dish.

I expect the 6MT to be availible in only a 3.0L H6 variant (Spec-B?), Navi should be availible in the Limited GT's and 3.0R trims.

unless this ends up being a different 6 speed with a big overdrive gear, it would make more sense for the 5 speed to be in the car with the wider powerband, and the closer ratio 6 speed to be in the car with a boost threshold.

marketing wise, I guess you want the 6 speed on the top of the line car.

unless this ends up being a different 6 speed with a big overdrive gear, it would make more sense for the 5 speed to be in the car with the wider powerband, and the closer ratio 6 speed to be in the car with a boost threshold.

marketing wise, I guess you want the 6 speed on the top of the line car.

I don't know how the marketeers see it, but I would want the performance transmission mated to the car with the performance engine. People that choose the 3.0 over the 2.5T (at least in their current form) probably care less about 6MT vs. 5MT and more about sportshift AT / nav.

right. the 5EAT/3.0/Nav would be a great combo.

the gear ratios on the 6 speed are very short anyway, even for the STi. Far shorter than intended, with the US reduced redline.

I didn't know that the US redline was lower, but it makes sense since the 2.5 has a longer stroke than the 2.0. That would be the only technical reason for reducing redline, as there is a physical limit to piston speed.

2.0 bore and stroke: 92 x 75 mm

2.5 bore and stroke: 99.5 x 79 mm

I heard talk of a beefed-up STi 6-spd for the Legacy, but with a higher final-drive ratio. This makes sense for the character of the Legacy with its broader powerband. That would give it longer legs and decent gas mileage.

Legacy GTX is the best car ever! Anyone ever heard of it?

It would be an adequate substitute if we don't end up getting the Spec B.

I like the mod chip that gives up to 314 hp! I would skip the GTX and just get the mod chip. Then get my own components. The only thing the GTX has that might be hard to track down is the custom seats, but the Spec B has similar seats. Oops, maybe I'm thinking of the Blitzen. But the Japanese Blitzen may become our Spec B.

http://www.subaru.co.jp/blitzen2005/

Yeah im really hoping they fix that in the 06 with an aux input standard and maybe mp3 standard (one can dream) i'm going to hold out on the VDC swap till i find out :mad:
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Any update to the 05 model will come after the 06 Tribeca launch so plan around that. I've already pre-ordered our 5 seat Tribeca which should be available in late May/early June time frame. Every other update/model will fall in line after this.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived