LegacyGT.com

06 Legacy in June

I was at my local Subaru dealer last night ready to buy an 05 Legacy GT Ltd when my dealer was talking about 06's coming out this June. Just wondering how valid this claim was. Anyone else hearing the same thing?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that the new legacy is going to have a 3 inch lift and THX surround sound. I heard they were going to have suicide doors too. The two door model will be mid engine and twin turboed. ooooooooh...

:lol:

The point is that everything is just rumors right now and so far nobody has confirmed squat. The only rumor that can be confirmed is that there will be a Legacy in '06. There really haven't been very many reliable leaks as to what colors or features the 06 will have. Just wait and find out I guess.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

The point is that everything is just rumors right now and so far nobody has confirmed squat. The only rumor that can be confirmed is that there will be a Legacy in '06. There really haven't been very many reliable leaks as to what colors or features the 06 will have. Just wait and find out I guess.

+1

Seriously though, i wonder where everyone gets their info of what they KNOW will be in the next model year. It seems like especially in the last few days we have had the people who are in charge of making decisions posting. Just because someone posted it on a forum or you saw it on the intern3t doesn't mean its true.

The only way i would trust information would be if i knew personally one of the execs who was definetly in the SOA meeting. Other than that nothing is guaranteed.

THere's been talk (rumors?) about them being delayed until really late in the year (Oct/Nov).

I don't bother playing in with the rumors much but the release date is the one that I am most interested in. So far Van Bortel (local dealer) and SOA have said July or early August to me so I've got my fingers crossed that it's no later.

I heard that the new legacy is going to have a 3 inch lift and THX surround sound. I heard they were going to have suicide doors too. The two door model will be mid engine and twin turboed. ooooooooh...

I heard it'll have two 2.5L 4cyl boxer engines, one driving the front and one the rear. And that it'll have scissor doors!

Rumors aside, i think we will see the new model sometime in July. Just because it is "available" starting maybe in June sometime, it will take some time before they get to dealer lots and you can get a test drive.

Rumors aside, i think we will see the new model sometime in July. Just because it is "available" starting maybe in June sometime, it will take some time before they get to dealer lots and you can get a test drive.

I agree. I suspect that's what the dealer and Subaru meant. I dunno when you can start making orders, probably June.

Are there even brochures out for the 06's yet?

if there were brochures i don't think we would have all this speculation. That would imply that they have already decided exactly what is being offered. Not to say they haven't already done so, but they haven't released anything official yet.

No '06 Leg brochure's are out yet...but the 2006 Legacy Service Manual is out...just remember the Manual is all inclusive, it doesn't specify which models or trim levels get what...but here are some interesting bits from the '06 Legacy Manual:

Navigation System is covered in the manual

6MT is covered in the manual

DCCD (6MT) is covered in the manual

No H.I.D. lighting is covered in the manual

No new In-Car Entertainment options are listed (no Sat radio, no DVD)

I can't tell you when they will hit the dealer lots, but I will tell you that they are going to start production on the 2006 (model code 23V) this month. June is the first full month of production. The 2005 (21Z) ceases to exist in production by the end of May.

Opie smells funny

And don't be surprised if they wait until like Sept... We have to sell the hell out of some Tribecas and don't need any legacy's or imprezas stealing our thunder! lol

If thats the only way you can get the tribecas to sell, they aint gonna make it.

I've already sold 2 :) But think marketing.... The magazines, etc will latch onto any performance car above a people mover. The Tribeca is going to sell itself... but you don't release a bunch of cars at the same time when it comes to the marketing, etc. Drove the Tribeca again tonight and I'm still blown away by it. Not my type of car... but if I wanted an SUV I'd be all over it

Navigation System is covered in the manual

6MT is covered in the manual

DCCD (6MT) is covered in the manual

No H.I.D. lighting is covered in the manual

No new In-Car Entertainment options are listed (no Sat radio, no DVD)

hmmm 3.0 Spec B?

as always, thanks for the info opie! :)

This Space For Rent

I talked to the sales guys at Santa Cruz Subaru (they rock!) today. They said the 2006 models will start to come in from June onwards with the following changes:

- Forester will have a power bump to 230hp with optons for DVD entertainment system

- Impreza will have a face-lift

- Legacy will basically remain the same except for some minor interior upgrades, most notably a nav system.

The nav system will only be available on GT and H6 models. It will NOT be offered as a retrofit option for 2005 models :mad:

Picture Gallery

There was a nice half-page article about the 06 Forester in one of our National newspaperes last week and I can confirm the following about the Forester:

XT gets bump up to 230 HP and 5EAT.

Base 2.5i engine gets Variable Valve Lift which apparently improves responsiveness across the range, smoothness, quietness, fuel economy, and produces 173Hp (up from 165).

I suspect that same base engine will find it's way into the new Impreza, and hopefully the Legacy/Outback.

Any informed guesses as to what dealers will likely charge for the first '06's? What did they get (how far up from invoice) for the first 05's?

This is tough fence to be sitting on: the LGT is gonna be in my garage one way or another, sooner or later, but flipping through the advantages of waiting for June/July vs. the nice incentives on the current '05's is gonna cause my imaginary on-board psych nurse to up my lithium, man...

someone here in CO got invoice last june or july, while i paid 1,000 over at the end of august (i had my reasons for that). so it all depends on your dealer. one thing to keep in mind is that, even though you may get a very good deal on 2005 models, its value will go down when you sell it in the future, unless you plan to keep it forever...

This Space For Rent

Archived