LegacyGT.com

GI: UT: AVO, Cobb, Invidia, OEM

Hops

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not convinced that I should have to run a boost controller of any kind when they ecu should be able to handle it.

True, that the Subaru ECUs can handle most anything. I've seen them run Dom 3 turbos, GT35Rs, rotated kits, E85, meth injection, and hybrid engines without any problems. But its a matter of the hardware matching the software.

The factory boost controllers are a bleed type solenoid, which means they are constantly bleeding air back into the intake system. For this reason, (factory EBCs in general) are terrible at holding consistent boost, especially at higher loads. And with them being pushed past factory settings, they will burn out much quicker, and act more erratic over time, than when left alone.

With our hybrid system, no boost is bled until the MBC opens and allows air into the WG actuator. The EBC is always at work, which is why part throttle boost is so controlled.

This really is the system that every street driven, turbo charged Subaru should be running, no matter what the equipment.

I'm interested to see a stg2 lgt 5mt with that setup to see how it drives! Let me know when you do one.

I am doing a BNR 16g swap in a Leg Spec B next week. We will also be installing our hybrid setup to complement the turbo, so we will see how it goes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived