LegacyGT.com

GI: UT: AVO, Cobb, Invidia, OEM

Hops

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometime next month I will be on the dyno at Zip Tie with Christian from Cobb... Logan can road tune you here, or you can do an E-Tune with Infamous.

My Leg loves Jesse of Frigid North Performance! Oooh Baby! Hybrid boost controller set-up is the real deal. Good-bye Logan.

@Chad: please take me off the list for your AVO wastegate actuator. What was tuner diagnosed as WG flutter was completely eradicated by the Hybrid boost controller set-up.

I can get you Jesse's contact info if wanted. He is one of the dyno tuner's that ZipTie uses and i used him thru Tony of True Tune.

Logan has bailed and has gone out of contact. And Jesse's tune is bettah!

That's good to know! What happened with Logan? Everybody raved about his tunes. Christian is the only guy I'll let tune my car, though. ;)

Logan did some good work...way better than Infamous (I paid for both). I'll have to check out these new guys.

Richard (aka demislayer on nasioc) was my initial open source tuner ($300). I was his first LegacyGT tune and it was incomplete to say the least and he blamed mechanical issues if I had any questions for him.

Logan stepped in to fix my tune as a job interview for True Tune. Great until "wastegate flutter" started up and was told it was another mechanical issue. $100 when I went TBE. $100 when I went CBE.

Now Jesse Voehl was referred to True Tune by ZipTie Dynowerks. He uses a Hybrid boost controller system. 3 port EBCS in combination with a simple straight through manual boost controller. My car hits 19psi solid, no longer overboosts into the 20.5 range and all flutter is gone! I no longer need a wastegate upgrade as Jesse said and that matches what Brian of BNR said about the stock VF40 WG actuator. Doesn't need an upgrade til using his 20g turbo.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HOetWkt69_xPjjSkc2F2y0rYtNIc5hovWclBilfmvDQ/edit?hl=en&pli=1#

You say no wastegate flutter Bryce? I have that too from one of Logan's tunes :lol:

That is exciting, have anything else I would want :)

Jesse from Frigid North Performance is the real deal! Unlike anything Logan did to tune the car initially and after several revisions. Amazing.

I'd also call Tony @TrueTune if you need any assistance with the install. Unless Chad is your SugarDaddy???

Jesse from Frigid North Performance is the real deal! Unlike anything Logan did to tune the car initially and after several revisions. Amazing.

I'd also call Tony @TrueTune if you need any assistance with the install. Unless Chad is your SugarDaddy???

I'll have plenty of time to do an install once I finish my car! :)

I am not convinced that I should have to run a boost controller of any kind when they ecu should be able to handle it.

I was hoping I could get a little help in getting everything installed that would only cost me some food and drink :)

Archived