LegacyGT.com

Can we get some iPhone or Blackberry Apps?

Maroon

I don't know if I really need one but I have an iPad and a blackberry and all I know is that I got no app for my soob. Watching others come out with nifty apps kinda makes me envious. The BMW mag on iPad is just absolutely incredible and other manufacturers are coming out with apps to monitor the car.

Can we get some app love here?

NASIOC has the android and Iphone apps.. Much easier to use at work on my phone. Tapatalk isn't hard to use though. Maybe you can ask a Mod to move this thread to the Site announcements or another forum where your suggestion can be heard.

I don't know if I really need one but I have an iPad and a blackberry and all I know is that I got no app for my soob. Watching others come out with nifty apps kinda makes me envious. The BMW mag on iPad is just absolutely incredible and other manufacturers are coming out with apps to monitor the car.

You mean something like this?

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/engine-management-obd-ii-engine-diagnostics-etc/138076-obdroid-android-based-bluetooth-obd2-scan-tool.html

not going to happen

It wasn't a site suggestion. Sorry, should have made it clear. I am going to write to Subaru asking if they have any plans for things like these:

1. It would be nice if Subaru's magazine can come out on digital format. Before making my purchase, I looked at the Drive magazine. My last car being a BMW, I used to get the BMW magazines on my iPad and it was really neat. Not necessity but sure was nice. I used to get the German version as I learned a bit of German back in college and wanted to improve. It contained a lot of lifestyle related garbage but it also contained a lot of information about new models being introduced. I think it would be cool to see Subaru Drive mag and parts catalog on the iPad.

2. It would be nice if Subaru can develop iPhone, blackberry or android apps for performance monitoring or even remote starting (since Subarus kick ass in places that snow a lot). Audi is releasing an app that monitors the car performance and such. I believe Subaru owners can really embrace something like this.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/03/audi-launches-car-monitor-app-for-iphone/

I checked out the link to ObDroid. Definitely very cool.

Why bother with a Subaru specific app for performance? I use Fastest Droid (Android phone obviously) and it does 1/4 mile, 0-60 and top speed. As for remote starting, it'd be neat but unlikely. Subaru doesn't have any sort of telematics system like OnStar or anything so they'd be starting from the ground up.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

Archived