LegacyGT.com

Any other good changover stories besides the WRX changeover??

How many years did you upgrade?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How many years did you upgrade?

• Last car was 0 to 5 yrs old
    • Last car was 6 to 10 yrs old
    • Last car was 10+ yrs old

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I definately got you beat on this one. I had a 00 Civic Si and went to the Legacy GT with 5MT. Reminds me of my old Dodge, just little faster, more refined and hopefully much more reliable. I love this car, but I hate the stinky clutch.

Guest JessterCPA

I came to my LGT after my 2001.5 Jetta Wolfsburg lease expired.

It was a VW. Now you understand why I did not take them up on their new lease incentives.

Jesse

I was driving an '02 nissan sentra se-r specV until it was involved in an accident and totaled by the insurance company..... I was hoping to hold on to that car a few more years and replace it with a track model 350z or g35 coupe. Hadn't saved up enough money yet though, so I went with the Legacy instead...

looked at many other cars (mainly the TSX, mazda6, and similar models)... the LGT won out over all else and i havent regretted that decision at all.

with all that said and done, i really miss my old nissan and was very sad to see it go.

ooooh--I have a good story for you then....I test drove the ones you listed, but I also test the 2005 G35 AWD four doorAT and the new 2005 Altima R--both cool cars..the G35 just felt really really heavy, and the altima, altough very fast...and probably has as good of high end speed as the LGT, is only FWD and is horrible on take off...that torque steer just about throws you into the curb everytime....good choice

ooooh--I have a good story for you then....I test drove the ones you listed, but I also test the 2005 G35 AWD four doorAT and the new 2005 Altima R--both cool cars..the G35 just felt really really heavy, and the altima, altough very fast...and probably has as good of high end speed as the LGT, is only FWD and is horrible on take off...that torque steer just about throws you into the curb everytime....good choice

I would have bought the altima se-r except all the dealers around here wanted 31k+ for them.... for that much money i decided there were many other nicer cars i would rather have. Really liked the looks of it though, and for a FWD car it handled very well... felt less torque steer on it than in my Sentra SE-R (granted i never really did a full out launch on the altima, especially with the dealer there next to me)

1994 Buick LeSabre --> 2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5MT sedan un-limited

:lol:

We used to have a 1990 Regal.. at least that car handled better than the LeSabre.

wait a minute---did we just have 2 buick people in a row convert to the land of the Subees? What an odd switch, and by odd I mean awesome:lol:

a story is a story...just shows you were sold on the subaru brand earlier than the rest of us

Well, I guess the better story is that previous to the 02 L (which I got used in 03) I had a '93 Toyota Corolla. The '93 Corolla to the 02 L was a big step that I really enjoyed. The AWD helped me feel planted, and it had about 50 more crank HP so it felt like more fun. After a few about 1 year the car got a little boring and a turbo version came out. At that point, I knew what I wanted :p

'95 Camry DX to '05 LGT. Double the hp, double the torque. I kept the Camry because...well, sentimental reasons more than anything else.

Camry and sentimental in the same sentence? And here I thought the Camry was emotion-less. :lol:

1998 Buick Regal GS w/ 100,000 miles to 2005 Legacy GT.

also a "slight step up"

after a couple of white knuckle trips down the MA turnpike in the snow in the Regal, you can guess just how much better AWD (even with the RE-92s) felt.

still not quite as fast as the 289 sunbeam tiger I had back in 1985, but I can put a lot more in the back of the wagon... ;)

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis 150,000 miles on it ! It ran great and was great summer car as long as you didnt go over 80MPH or drive in the snow .Got tired of the V8 Rwd snow thing.

Archived