LegacyGT.com

Any other good changover stories besides the WRX changeover??

How many years did you upgrade?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How many years did you upgrade?

• Last car was 0 to 5 yrs old
    • Last car was 6 to 10 yrs old
    • Last car was 10+ yrs old

rallispec,

You know what, you're right - I re-did my power-to-weight calculations, and sure enough, the Rex wagon, stick, should be ever so slightly slower than a 5MT LGT Limited sedan.

Thanks for catching that one for me!

:)

-A

PS: The wifey's Rex is an '05 4EAT, stock - definitely slower than a 5MT LGT.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went from an '02 M3 to the Legacy GT. I needed something AWD for ski trips and also wanted a cheaper daily driver. The M3 is a great car but since I stopped taking it to track days, I felt I was wasting it away in daily commuting.

Said good bye to my '94 Mazda MX-6 with a tear in my eye. That car was great, but the Legacy eclipses it's performance in every aspect (except gas mileage). I think everyone has a soft spot for their 1st car.

I was pretty psyched. I sold it to this 21 year old who was so excited to get it. When I sold it, she couldn't have been cleaner. Once he showed me how well he cared for his old '89 Probe, I knew he'd take good care of my MX and keep her nice.

I went from a '98 A4 2.8 Quattro to an '05 LGT Ltd. sedan. Before the Audi, I had a '91 Eagle Talon TSI AWD.

I'm surprised I'm the only post so far to go from an A4 to an LGT. It kinda seemed like a no-brainer to me. Audis are beautiful, and fun, cars, but they seem to get ever-heavier and ever more expensive. I think the current v6 A4's are around 3700 lbs., with less power than the LGT. Also, from my experience, Audi reliability is not great.

The A4, which is currently for sale, was pretty modded-out at one time (suspension, exhaust, brakes, wheels & tires), but is now about half-way back to stock. The Legacy GT is totally stock (I've only had it for a week and a half), but I love it so far. I can only imagine how nice it will be with decent tires, proper suspension, and a little added power, although I plan to be a little more conservative with mods than I was with the A4.

I'm still a paid-up member of the Audi Club of North America, and I plan on attending a few of their track events with the LGT. I don't think most Audi clubbers are familiar with the LGT yet, and I'm looking forward to showing them what the butt-end looks like.

I came from a 91' Accord cp, then 02' cbr 954rr,now lgt sedan. Really miss my bike and the adrenaline "tap" that it was but I sure enjoy driving up I-70(mountain highway from Denver to the best snow the US has to offer :) Also feel a bit more secure.

2002 Civic LX 5sp lease was up--->05 LGT 5MT with short shifter. World of a difference in performance and monthly payment :-)))))). Could get a grate deal on Accord EX-L 5sp with NAV, but went with heart not brains. Accord was $5000 more but had better lease. I drive Accords every day, I sell them, LGT waaaaay more fun.

Honda has been loosing "tuner" market for some time- what a shame. They know how to build good fast cars. Waiting for new SI this fall.

suba_rus,

I love the STI short-thrown on my LGT, too. ;)

I know that many Scooby enthusiasts coming from other backgrounds do not think that the factory 5MT on either the Rex or the LGT is any good at all, but coming from a DSM background myself, I would have to heartily disagree. Sure, it may not be as slick as the manuals on Acuras/Hondas, but it's nowhere near as bad as many make it out to be.

My Talon has a B&M kit that reduced its factory throw to about 50% of what it used to be and enough other small mods to have made it rifle-bolt accurate in feel and engagement. Certainly, my LGT's STI shifter's throw is nowhere near as short nor the feel that positive, but I am always reminded that this car is also a "luxury" automobile, and whereas in my TSi I'm hammering through the gears (limp-wristed moves will actually cause you to miss gears rather badly) on my GReddy counterweight and stomping on my ACT 2600 (42 pound push effort), in the LGT, I barely expend any effort to work the clutch, and the stick engages with just a flick of the wrist.

:)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

First post here... what up Subbie lovers! My upgrade story so far... in Jan '03 went from a '88 Civic HB DX to my '02 Leg GT LT Manual Sedan, now THERE'S a difference! Looking to go '05 GT LT Man. Sed. soon, but haven't seen the $2k under invoice up here in WA state like some lucky Eastcoasters :confused: . Any luck out there for the rest of you in NW? Let me know, glad to be around so many other Subbie fans...........:cool:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I cant believe this is 6 pages and noone has converted from American Muscle. My last 3 cars have been a 1994 Mustang GT, 1996 Mustang Gt and a 1993 Z-28 Camaro. All cars were modded with at least exhaust, intake, ECU upgrades, and wheels and tires.

I planned when I purchased the Legacy to leave it alone until the warranty is up, but I was told today buy a subaru junkie at work that my local Subaru dealership is very mod friendly!!!!!!!(Can someone insert that dancing banana guy here for me) :D

My last 3 cars have been a 1994 Mustang GT, 1996 Mustang Gt and a 1993 Z-28 Camaro.

Not to worry, even though I just dumped my '02 GTI for the LGT, I have owned plenty of "pony cars". 1995 Z28, 1980 Z28 (perfect condition in 2000 when I bought it), 1994 Mustang Cobra "Clone", and a 1997 Z28 (in succession, not at the same time).

I was never fully happy with any of them, and kept trading every 6 mos. to a year. The GTI came after a short stint with an '02 Maxima, and I kept that GTI for three years. The thrill of boost was what I was searching for the whole time while I was fooling with pushrod V8s. I am certain I will call the Legacy home for even more than 3 years.

- "I've worked with better, but not many."

Traded an 02 WRX with 52K miles for the LGT. For the Rex, I traded a 95 Eagle Talon Tsi (with 92K miles). For the Talon, I traded a 91 Dodge Stealth twin turbo. Prior to the Stealth, I had a 90 Eagle Talon Tsi.

Love those turbos...and that AWD.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Traded an 02 WRX with 52K miles for the LGT. For the Rex, I traded a 95 Eagle Talon Tsi (with 92K miles). For the Talon, I traded a 91 Dodge Stealth twin turbo. Prior to the Stealth, I had a 90 Eagle Talon Tsi.

Love those turbos...and that AWD.

I still have a '95 Talon TSi AWD (in 500 pieces) :lol:

zmarko,

:lol:

Is there a DSM owner who doesn't have enough parts to build himself another car out of the parts that he has for his operating DSM?

;)

-A

Man I win in the Year swap. I had a 2004 Mazda6 (had it for 4 months), my buddy (manager) at subaru told me I had to come drive the Legacy GT.......I did.....and I bought one.....Before that I had 02 Mitsubishi Montero.

LGT is the best......so glad I got rid of the 6

Archived