LegacyGT.com

just bought this IPR tmic

MDKSDMF

spoke with andrew @ ajwperformance.comand he gave me a killer deal on this TMIC! im very excited to see what its capable of. im currently running the stock VF40 w/ stage 2. anybody else running this TMIC and have any tricks or information regarding install and or performance gains with this unit? thanks - jim

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b468/Fearless_French/coatedTMIC.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its insanely close. For me, if I turned the cap on the clutch master it would not rub, but then its not locked in place. So I mean 99% solid and for the price you really cant beat it.

so urs fit but was a tight squeeze? i can live with that lol. im reading of people shimming up that side so it clears the clutch cylinder

I put 3 washers between the mounting bracket and the TMIC and it was fine. I drove around like that for a couple weeks, no peddle noise at all. I was worried about the stock bolt barely reaching so I was looking for a longer one, when I could not find one I just did the threaded bolt with some nuts. So if you can find a longer bolt that fits in to the bracket use washers, if you can't do the threaded bolt, its really easy.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3044146&postcount=93

Look at the cap, the little 'tab' is pointing directly at the TMIC if that tab was not there I would not of had any rub.

cool i ordered the TMIC yesterday and want to get the nuts and washers ahead of time so i can install right away. my blood boils when i go to put a part in and need extra stuff that i dont have on hand :lol:

I put 3 washers between the mounting bracket and the TMIC and it was fine. I drove around like that for a couple weeks, no peddle noise at all. I was worried about the stock bolt barely reaching so I was looking for a longer one, when I could not find one I just did the threaded bolt with some nuts. So if you can find a longer bolt that fits in to the bracket use washers, if you can't do the threaded bolt, its really easy.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3044146&postcount=93

Look at the cap, the little 'tab' is pointing directly at the TMIC if that tab was not there I would not of had any rub.

Aside from the threaded dowel I used to raise mine, I was also able to turn the clutch cap sightly without loosening it to get the tab further out of the way.

Not at all. Got the engine cover back on as well with no trimming. It's not attached with plastic clips, but it locks itself in around the intercooler. The hood holds it from moving at all and even when popping the hood you still need to pry the cover off.

785391556_tmicwcover.jpg.876598a7b9dc0b51238652b639d2aeff.jpg

Thanks again MDKSDMF, appreciate the business. Since it's a lot bigger than stock it will be a much tighter squeeze than stock for sure, I have not had to do any shaving/ modifications with my installs using these IPR's here at the shop, BUT I have no installed on a Spec B before, not sure if it is Spec B owners who are needing to modify?

It is basically identical to Perrin, just a few hundred bucks less, so it's a win win :)

yes I can't wait. I suspect it's a spec. B related issues but who knows. Mine shud arrive tuesday and I'll let you know how it goes. I have already pushed the product and the shop to friends and people @ the track (epping nh) on friday and will ccontinue to do so. Cheers to a very necssary aftermarket part at a killer price. Thanyou.

It doesn't FIT like a Perrin, does it?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

It doesn't FIT like a Perrin, does it?

People have the same issue with the Perrin. Some people have no issues though and it doesn't seem to be related to Spec B or LGT. Perrin's site now mentions that you may need to slightly clock the turbo to get proper fitment.

That's a bunch of crap.

Still, I might get one of these to prevent issues at stage2 boost.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Thanks again MDKSDMF, appreciate the business. Since it's a lot bigger than stock it will be a much tighter squeeze than stock for sure, I have not had to do any shaving/ modifications with my installs using these IPR's here at the shop, BUT I have no installed on a Spec B before, not sure if it is Spec B owners who are needing to modify?

It is basically identical to Perrin, just a few hundred bucks less, so it's a win win :)

Any idea how the fitment is on the 09-11 WRX? Under the hood the Legacy GT and WRX looks almost the same, so I was wondering if this TMIC will work the new WRX.

Any idea how the fitment is on the 09-11 WRX? Under the hood the Legacy GT and WRX looks almost the same, so I was wondering if this TMIC will work the new WRX.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this IC was actually designed for the new WRX and is only offered here because it also "just so happens" to fit the Legacy. That's why there aren't any tabs for the engine cover to attach to.

Cheers!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this IC was actually designed for the new WRX and is only offered here because it also "just so happens" to fit the Legacy. That's why there aren't any taps for the engine cover to attach to.

Cheers!

This is probably the case yes

Archived