LegacyGT.com

DIY Friendly Garage Group Trip

HarryN

Is this a good idea for meets?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea for meets?

BTW...you guys that were there Saturday, you see the Carroll Shelby Series 1 (aka the modern Shelby Cobra) stashed away in the other half of the building (the empty side)?

No, we didn't see the other side of the building.

I'll be out of town the next couple weekends so I won't be able to hang out but it was good meeting everyone saturday!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, didn't notice the shelby!! Gonna have to check it out next weekend!

And by the way, I have been posting on the MAIC - NASIOC forum under the DIY thread.

Hopefully I can get something worked out with Ed. I know he was very open to us about holding meets at his place, even has a grill we could use.

Plus there are Lexus and Honda guys that go there.

Should we do another thread with a new poll?

There was a Lexus GS there, some younger guy with his father I think...on Sunday while I was there. Also had a 1931 Ford antique show up. Very well done restoration job on that one.

Two SRT Neons also were there doing some sort of exhaust swap. Wasn't sure. Overall I didn't have much time to check out the others once I got to work since the clock was running.

I'll heck out the Outback forum for interest. Not sure if anyone else here is posting over there.

made an appointment at DPS. he only could get me in this Friday, they are finishing up some projects over there. The car will just sit in the parking garage until then.

Alright brah. Good choice on DPS. You will be quite happy. :)

Okay, not to hijack this thread, but who/ where is DPS and what is their contact info? I'm assuming from your comments that this is a well respected tire/ alignment shop? I'm on the lookout for a good place, if you couldn't tell..

~Scott

'05 Outback 2.5i Wagon

Willow Green Opal/ Moss Green Metallic

225/60HR16 Bridgestone G009's

DPS Tuning does more than just alignments. They don't do tires. They are a mechanic shop that also does open source tuning.

They are located in Gaithersburg, MD, off of Schnoufer School road.

Here is their website:

http://www.dpstuning.com

Speak with Pirouz or Bryan to set yourself up. And yes, they are quite well respected by a number of people. Feel free to name drop my name (Harry with the 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT). I don't get any money or discounts from it, but he will take very good care of you. :) I been going by there a lot lately for some advice on the STI and what I am planning on doing with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I'm up for helping with whatever :)

My list includes changing: oil/ filter, trans fluid/ filter, diff. fluid, spark plugs, interior filter, possibly brake fluid, rotating tires, etc. etc.

I've done all of these, with the exception of the brake fluid on my subie, the plug and cabin air filter are time consuming so i don't think doing them at the diy shop makes much sense because of the costs. I should be available that weekend and can come by with some tools needed and lend a hand. The tranny fluid requires a T70, which most people don't own, and you'll need a pump or something to refill the diff fluid.

I've done all of these, with the exception of the brake fluid on my subie, the plug and cabin air filter are time consuming so i don't think doing them at the diy shop makes much sense because of the costs. I should be available that weekend and can come by with some tools needed and lend a hand. The tranny fluid requires a T70, which most people don't own, and you'll need a pump or something to refill the diff fluid.

Not a problem as I have ultimatetoolco.com's a t70, the 13mm rear diff. plug socket, and a pump for the diff fluid. :)

I've already changed all of these things for my 30k and 60k mile services, so I am definitely fluent on changing everything out. Another hand for the sparkplugs and everything else would definitely be nice, as it would reduce the amount of time that I have to have the car on the lift. In turn I would be willing to fund lunch, a beer or two, etc.

Unfortunately since moving from the Midwest I no longer have a personal garage to work in, so I have to default to changing my plugs/ everything else at the diy shop. :icon_sad:

I may have to hold off for this weekend. Fred Bean's parts department had a mix up and they just now (over a week later) shipped the final portion of my order. If it miraculously shows up tomorrow, then I will definitely be going to DIY on Saturday. Otherwise I will wait until the 12th.

Archived