LegacyGT.com

the first six-wheeled supercar

Why does that remind me of a rail coach? :D

It seems like a lot of extra weight, for overkill front grip. Plus the steering and front suspension has to bee horrendously complex.

Why not have a car with 8 or 10 or 12 wheels just to be different... Nah, four on a car seems good enough for me. I can even get by with 2 on a bike. I can't think that I have ever wanted MORE wheels on my car.

Thats the way they should start making all these new FWD cars with over 220hp. When will people understand it is useless to have FWD with a lot of power just creat a platform that use the correct drivetrain setup, RWD, and move one with it.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

I remember reading about that car. I don't remember which race it was used in (endurance race?), but it was then outlawed because it gave such an advantage. As a fan of AWD I don't see why anyone would hate on it, but there have been other good things people didn't take to so well when introduced.

Oh, and these are gonna be on the market if they already aren't.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

I remember watching the Elf Terrell 6 wheel Formula 1 Grand Prix cars race at Watkins Glenn. My freinds and I made going to the Glenn an annual event. On the race cars the gains were wind resistance (very small wheels) and steering response.

I'd be interested to learn more about how they get the mechanics of the steering axis to work. That seems to be the trickiest part.....getting the four front wheels to work perfectly in harmony.

Why does that remind me of a rail coach? :D

It seems like a lot of extra weight, for overkill front grip. Plus the steering and front suspension has to bee horrendously complex.

Why not have a car with 8 or 10 or 12 wheels just to be different... Nah, four on a car seems good enough for me. I can even get by with 2 on a bike. I can't think that I have ever wanted MORE wheels on my car.

This car showed up a few months ago in Road and Track (I think). The benefits of having 4 small front tires go beyond simple grip. Since the tires are smaller there's less drag at the front of the vehicle. I doubt this helps this new sports car, but it helped the Elf considerably at top end. Further, it improves handling because a bump no longer completely upsets a vehicle's dynamics, instead one wheel takes the brunt while the wheel behind it can still steer. And it also helps steering in the wet because the front-most wheel could hydroplane, but its also acting as a sweeper so the tire behind it can steer.

Thats the way they should start making all these new FWD cars with over 220hp. When will people understand it is useless to have FWD with a lot of power just creat a platform that use the correct drivetrain setup, RWD, and move one with it.
This is one of the most idiotic comments I have ever heard. To just state that all fwd cars suck, all rwd cars are better....

wow

Nope, there is never a place where fwd is better, especially in racing situations where traction is limited...

Ted

:spin:

Archived