LegacyGT.com

In need of a clutch

GTLegacy05

I am in need of a clutch for my 05 lgt thats stg2 was thinking of going for a stage 3 clutch cause I will most likely be doing more mods down the road. im also on a tight budget I don't wanna go cheap but don't have alot of cash to throw around. so I was wondering if anyone had an suggestions of an inexpensive clutch kit that I could use with the stock flywheel or possibly an inexpensive clutch and flywheel kit?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

are spec clutches good though? I heard mixed reviews about them. what about clutchmasters?

I have over 60,000 miles on my 2+. still lovin it. It will spin the tires in 2nd gear. I went to stage 2 last week. More power=more fun.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

yea ive been stage 2 for alittle while now thats why my stock clutch is going after boosting alittle it just starts to slip lol and my TOB is shot to hell. I'm picking up a clutch and fly today going with 06 wrx fly and CM fx300 and getting it installed tomorrow.

FWIW Clutchmasters sponsors the fastest all-motor Pro Honda and also a Integra that has run in the high 8's. You should have good luck with it.

well finally got on it yesterday and a clutch that can hold the power def brings the car to life this thing pulls hard all the way to redline. very happy with this setup would recommend it to anyone on a budget cause it was actually not that expensive for the 06 wrx flywheel and 06 wrx clutchmasters fx300 clutch.

I call BS... :)

lol call BS all you want was at his shop at 2pm put the car up on the lift as soon as I got there he got the drive shaft and trans out and the clutch and fly in and trans and driveshaft was back on at 3pm clutch was still hot when we took it out. we timed it took an hour to get the the driveshaft and trans out and back in and another like 20min to get axles in wheels on and make sure everything was tight. its not a hard job we went fast, but made sure not to miss anything and its easy if you have a lift to use and no interruptions lol subarufanatic would know since he did his the first time on the ground then on a lift the second time lol if we would have taken our time it would of taken way longer than an hour, but hes done it multiple times so he knew what he was doing and wanted to get it done quick.

lol call BS all you want was at his shop at 2pm put the car up on the lift as soon as I got there he got the drive shaft and trans out and the clutch and fly in and trans and driveshaft was back on at 3pm clutch was still hot when we took it out. we timed it took an hour to get the the driveshaft and trans out and back in and another like 20min to get axles in wheels on and make sure everything was tight. its not a hard job we went fast, but made sure not to miss anything and its easy if you have a lift to use and no interruptions lol subarufanatic would know since he did his the first time on the ground then on a lift the second time lol if we would have taken our time it would of taken way longer than an hour, but hes done it multiple times so he knew what he was doing and wanted to get it done quick.

it also helps when the guy works on subaru's all the time and knows them in his sleep

well finally got on it yesterday and a clutch that can hold the power def brings the car to life this thing pulls hard all the way to redline. very happy with this setup would recommend it to anyone on a budget cause it was actually not that expensive for the 06 wrx flywheel and 06 wrx clutchmasters fx300 clutch.

hows the pedal? hows the engagement?

hows the pedal? hows the engagement?

Archived