LegacyGT.com

In need of a clutch

GTLegacy05

hows the pedal? hows the engagement?

when I first put it in pedal felt alittle differnet than stock, but now I cant even tell that I changed the clutch it feels almost like stock to me only difference is it pulls alot harder. engagement is really smooth also its not harsh at all you wouldnt be able to tell I have a stg 3 clutch in my car if you drove it. I would def recommend this clutch setup to anyone on a budget.

I'm exactly that, was stage 2, putting on a BNR Evo3 16g...

I went with the Southbend Stage 3 organic for the '06+ WRX on an ACT Streetlite flywheel... I love it... driveability of stock, no chatter, nice pedal feel, and most importantly holds power nicely..

Only thing is the Southbend is pretty expensive, in my opinion it's worth it though not to have the chatter... their stage 3 organic will hold 450 ft. lbs. supposedly and feels perfect on stage 2 power...

I'm exactly that, was stage 2, putting on a BNR Evo3 16g...

I went with the Southbend Stage 3 organic for the '06+ WRX on an ACT Streetlite flywheel... I love it... driveability of stock, no chatter, nice pedal feel, and most importantly holds power nicely..

Only thing is the Southbend is pretty expensive, in my opinion it's worth it though not to have the chatter... their stage 3 organic will hold 450 ft. lbs. supposedly and feels perfect on stage 2 power...

So you purchased the "FJK1000 OFE series stage 3" clutch for an 04-08 WRX/STI? $575.00? Did you opt for the cryogenic freezing?

i travel 30 miles one way for work and i hit stop and go traffic so i want a clutch that isnt to heavy on pedal side and engagement is smooth.

45.5mi in LA traffic here so I need the same and to hold at least 400HP.

Motor is being built as we speak and I need a decent clutch to hold it and not kill my leg.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

So you purchased the "FJK1000 OFE series stage 3" clutch for an 04-08 WRX/STI? $575.00? Did you opt for the cryogenic freezing?

FJK1001 for 06-09, you are seeing the STI clutch, you want the 06+ WRX. Yep $575, expensive but well worth it... Pedal feel was softer than stock at first, once it broke in it's exactly the same as stock.. engagement is very close off the floor, took a little getting used to but it's fine now.. if you've been driving a manual for a long time you'll have no trouble with it... I didn't do the cryogenic freezing..

http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/

ACT Streetlite flywheel is also fine, I wanted to do a Fidanza but they were too expensive. I've seen no drawbacks with that either, I think due to clutch selection.

• 2 months later...

Archived