LegacyGT.com

Rear doorjambs.....am i just anal?

I'm really annoyed with the swirled sanding marks in my rear doorjambs. my 07 had it, my 08 has them, and every 05-09 legacy or outback i've seen has them. how could subaru let that happen? it baffles me. has anyone else brought this problem to light, or is it just me?

(its on the arch for the wheel inside the rear doors on the body....both sides)

Dude, mine are perfect, best paint on the car now. I'll bet some body shop did a bad job on the body work after the big accident the car was in, most likely it got hit on one side and pushed into the car next to it. Could have happened on the Dealers lot when the cars were parked out by the street and some drunk plowed into the side of the first one and pushed a few of them together. Yours was in the middle.

You should see the front of my black car after 131,000 miles. Let alone the front edge of the rear wheel openings.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Me thinks someone needs to get a life. There are many more things to be worried about with these cars...like which oil to use....

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Me thinks someone needs to get a life. There are many more things to be worried about with these cars...like which oil to use....

i'm content with not having a life, and worrying about stupid shit about my car. and forget taking advice from anywhere about oil. i'm in the process of testing a few oils as a matter of fact with lab results and now using the subaru synthetic. i really started the thread just to make sure i'm not alone, but i don't think anyone is really looking because there are "many more things to be worried about" :rolleyes:

I looked last night at mine and they looked fine, but then as I read a few more posts, I had MAJOR rear quarter panel damage on my passenger side when my car was nearly new and the pass side got a little damage from a tornado which required a partial respray over there, so maybe they were there from factory :lol:

shtbxr22, glad you have a sense of humor. I'm kind of like you, I always clean and even wax in there when I do that. But mine don't have the small scratches.

As for oil...don't get me going :)

Orange peel, "OMG" someone's going to get it. You paid all that money for a car that has orange peel in the paint on the door jam...hope you don't have a gun....

Hey can I say that on a public forum ??? :)

Archived