LegacyGT.com

Used 2003-05 Nissan 350z or used 2005-07 MazdaSpeed3

I know...I know....apples to oranges but considering I could just make my 05 LGT a winter only car which one would be a better daily driver? I think most ppl are going to jump and say the 350z hands down but I really like the MazdaSpeed3 as well. Also factor in long term costs like gas and maintenance, not just straight hp and all that performance sh#t we all like....lol
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

the only real complaint i have about my z is i had 2 recalls, one for the shitty bridgestone tires cupping and the other for premature seat bolster wear, resulted in both seats being replaced free of charge. but it is no where near as comfortable as my legacy or 335i. its not the car i would choose for a cross country trip.

I know...I know....apples to oranges. Also factor in long term costs like gas and maintenance, not just straight hp and all that performance sh#t we all like....lol

No, apples and oranges are both fruit. Comparing these two is like comparing an apple to a hamburger. While both are food, one is junkfood.

Not just HP and performance tish?

DUH OBVIOUSLY SPEED 3. Its footprint is smaller, carrying capacity is larger, is cheaper to run, will have lower miles in the same pricerange.

A plain Mazda3 would be EVEN BETTER.:lol:

since i jumped ship to me legacy to a mazdaspeed 3, i ll just say it as it is. keep the legacy. the speeds are a fun car but the aftermarket is just not there nor are engine tuning solutions. not to mention the interior of the car rattles like absolute crazy with amillion creaks and rattles. if you find a great deal on one id say do it as long as you plan on keeping it stock.

I drove my buddies 350z countless times. Its a decent fun car, its not economical at all, small everwhere everything. He also had gears in his 6 speed going out left and right. He had two tranny replacements and he traded it in with 6th grinding like a mother. It also never felt all that fast, other than decent handling i think its a uselss vehicle.

I also never liked the fact that you have the same exact exhaust tone as any nissan with a vq engine in it. Which happens to be quite a few from fwd family sedans to SUVs. Rev you engine and feel cool until a SUV with 4 mini soccer players in the back pulls up and revs back at you..

Everyone I ever run into driving a 350 or 370 seem very upset about something and they all want to race.

:lol: :lol:

The LGT would stay no question....humm I would probably keep both stock too...

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

FWD is reasonable for a daily driver, not a weekend toy.

That said, get a Miata. A MS3/350z price range will get you one of the Mazdaspeed variants. Or get a first/second gen and put a built motor in it.

Or, get an FD RX7. Finding a good condition, blown motor version isn't terribly difficult. Put an LSv8 in it, and call it a day.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

FWD just seems silly to me.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

"from a roll" is a ridiculous excuse.

Don't you merge on the freeway from a roll? :confused:

I'm not saying it's an invalid argument, I'm saying it's bogus.

"oh yea, well mine is faster from a roll!"

A faster car is faster in any contest of acceleration.

A faster car is faster in any contest of acceleration.

^<snort> correcting infamous1 on what fast is:p

Bac it is easier to launch a fwd - particularly set up for launching. I watch srt4 stage 2-3 mopar upgrades run mid 7s in the 8th ALL DAY LONG on slicks. Annoying but true. Racing from a dig matters at the dragstrip (hence - ON SLICKS) and the only time a AWD launches hard is when the owner decides to shave miles off his parts.

(I do like to go to the track!)

Archived