LegacyGT.com

Nite lites

Am I the only one who finds the headlight performance woeful? I'm so used to driving around the always lit city, that there were times when I was wondering about my eyes while driving it in the burbs tonight. Fogs didn't really help. Highs didn't really help.

I thought I read a similar post, but can't remember if that was while I was looking for interior illum. info and I can't get back to it via search.

Anyone had any success with bulb-only upgrades?

as far as halogen bulbs go, Osram Silverstars are just about the best you can get (NOT the same as the Sylvania Silverstars sold here, which are crap). i ran them in my projectors until i converted to 4500k HIDs and absolutely loved them. for high beams i have Osram NightBreakers which are also great and would have had them for low beams in place of the silverstars (nbs are brighter) but they arent available in H1

yeah, Daniel Stern has pretty much talked me out of anything blue, super/hyper white or HID.

I was all ready to jump headlong into some HIRs until I saw they were never made in a 9007 replacement and seem to be not made at all anymore. One wonders why what seemed such a good i-dear has disappeared from the market....although, if I can come up on some 9006, they might find their way into the fogs.

I wonder how much of the problem may just be from 11-yr-old bulbs.

yeah, Daniel Stern has pretty much talked me out of anything blue, super/hyper white or HID.

I was all ready to jump headlong into some HIRs until I saw they were never made in a 9007 replacement and seem to be not made at all anymore. One wonders why what seemed such a good i-dear has disappeared from the market....although, if I can come up on some 9006, they might find their way into the fogs.

I wonder how much of the problem may just be from 11-yr-old bulbs.

DDMtuning makes hid kits for all bulb types, even 9007 and 9006...

I looked into it for when i get my 98 headlight assemblies to replace my 1piece 97 ones..

Archived