LegacyGT.com

Griot's Garage Paint Sealer

new product in the catalog - anyone try it? opinions? maybe i'll be a guinea pig.

i never tried their car care products, but i do like their interior "fresh leather scent" air freshener spray. :D

Griot's products are pricey but very good. If you are referring to a floor paint, better make sure the concrete is 100 percent cleaned and prepped or the paint won't last long. There are many other products available in your home warehouse stores which are probably just as good but less costly.

Griot's products are pricey but very good. If you are referring to a floor paint, better make sure the concrete is 100 percent cleaned and prepped or the paint won't last long. There are many other products available in your home warehouse stores which are probably just as good but less costly.

no, not garage floor paint. :lol: i guess the thread title is sorta misleading.

its a "once a year" car paint sealant, like Wolfgang, Klasse, or Autoglym.

I noticed as well in their new catalog...but I'm a hardcore old-schooler when it comes to car care...it's Griot's Carnuba Paste Wax all the way for me.

If you try it I'd be interested in the results as I have less time to spend on the wife's car and would use it on hers if it works good.

I noticed as well in their new catalog...but I'm a hardcore old-schooler when it comes to car care...it's Griot's Carnuba Paste Wax all the way for me.

If you try it I'd be interested in the results as I have less time to spend on the wife's car and would use it on hers if it works good.

i used to be hardcore - i have a 5-shelf rack in my garage overflowing with car care products. i just don't have time anymore for the 6 hour wash/paintcleaner/glaze/wax job every two weeks. :(

Sorry...I thought the sealer was for floors because Griot is always preaching about how good their wax products are. I like the liquid Best of Show wax, and it lasts! I checked out the new catalog and I saw the new product. Anyone remember Polyglycoat??

I finally broke down and bought the Griot's rotary buffer, Polish, spray on Wax and new Paint Sealant,with the intention of using it on my wife's GX470-I'm tired of waxing it every 2 months and am hoping that using the sealant will extend the wax cycles. I have not had time to do the Sealant on the GX, as you need to use Clay or a good Cleaner wax prior to application; but I have used the Sealant on my surfboards. Compared to other waxes, it leaves a noticably vibrant finish with the colors of my boards being much more pronounced. The Sealant stands up very well to the salt water immersions (5 2hour sessions since applied) and is still strongly evident. This is MUCH better than any other Marine, wax or sealant I have used in the past. The board also rides like grease lightning since applying it, indicating the water is running over the board.

Not the review you were looking for, I'm sure, but you will have to wait a few weeks for that. BTW, the Spray on Wax works very well and is extremely easy to apply-while you are doing the final towel dry.

I finally broke down and bought the Griot's rotary buffer, Polish, spray on Wax and new Paint Sealant,with the intention of using it on my wife's GX470-I'm tired of waxing it every 2 months and am hoping that using the sealant will extend the wax cycles. I have not had time to do the Sealant on the GX, as you need to use Clay or a good Cleaner wax prior to application; but I have used the Sealant on my surfboards. Compared to other waxes, it leaves a noticably vibrant finish with the colors of my boards being much more pronounced. The Sealant stands up very well to the salt water immersions (5 2hour sessions since applied) and is still strongly evident. This is MUCH better than any other Marine, wax or sealant I have used in the past. The board also rides like grease lightning since applying it, indicating the water is running over the board.

Not the review you were looking for, I'm sure, but you will have to wait a few weeks for that. BTW, the Spray on Wax works very well and is extremely easy to apply-while you are doing the final towel dry.

cool. give us your review when you get to use it on your wife's car. i may order some in the meantime......

• 1 month later...

Quick update.

I applied the Griot's paint sealant to both my wife's GX470 (Silver Pine) and my OBXT (Black). For both I started with Meguiars Medallian Premium Paint Cleaner, Followed by Griot's Polish #1 for all the scratches-I have a lot of brush scratches on the GX from going off-road. I used a Porter Random polisher.

Long story short. I left the Sealant on for 3 hours, whereupon it came off very easily. It left a very nice, but not so shiny, "hard-shell" finish. On the same level as Meguiar's #26 Yellow or Zymol, but not the ultra shine of NXT which really brings the color out. On the next washings for both vehicles I used Griot's Spray Wax, which you can apply while doing the final towel drying. I think there is a lot of Carnuba in the Spray Wax, because it not only smells like bananas, but really adds a shine to the Sealant. Hmm, could this be why the Sealant and Spray Wax are sold in a package.

I'll report back on how long the Sealant lasts on both cars, though early indicators are favorable. I parked the OBXT under a Redwood tree in the rain-doh! Of course I had big Redwood color stains on the paint the next morning. Usually the only way to get these stains out is a combination of cleaner and polish-they are wicked. I tried using Griots detail spray, and it took the stains off relatively easily. This indicates to me that the Sealant protected the paint. The nose of my surfboard is still beading water after at least 20 sessions, which is also a nice indicator of the Sealant's endurance.

Question: Is NXT purely a wax, or has some polish characteristics? I was thinking of layering the NXT on top of the Sealant, but did not want to take off the Sealant.

Be Well,

Martin

NXT has no actual carnauba wax. It is totaly synthetic. It also has mild abrasives and cleaning properties, so it will not layer on itself or anything else. Its almost like a one step product that cleans, polishes, and protects in one bottle. I like it for that reason.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived