LegacyGT.com

Any Ashtray Mods?

Got a picture of that? I'd like to see it.

Here you go... Sub control in the ashtray. The cigarette lighter is being used to power a Garmin Quest Navigation unit attached to the windshield just below the rear view mirror. When I go to my installer with a Cleansweep, I'll have them take a look at whether the Quest can be fitted into the cubby (doubtful). Either way, they'll do something better with it than I have, I'm sure.

101_0140.JPG.3f69f8d6fae572cf3c7bf2263ff016da.JPG

101_0143.JPG.d04f03947ebf5b1d80feca6165f149ba.JPG

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Interesting positioning for the Garmin. I'd love to hang a GPS or radar detector there, too, but I would be worried about passenger-side air bag deployment. I understand that it deploys from the windshield side of the dash (tho I'd like to find out I'm wrong). The manual warns about hanging things from the mirror and on the passenger side of the dash, and I don't think it's exclusively litigation-limitation. Of course, one pays one's money and one takes one's choice, as they say...

• 5 months later...
I'm moving my XM radio down there and putting in some gauges in the cubby.

which radio do you have? can you post pics when you are done?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I'm moving my XM radio down there and putting in some gauges in the cubby.

Will the XM Commander fit in there?

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

I put my Sirius controller in there. Clarion Sir-Cl1. I'll put up a pic tomorrow
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

My guy might do a custom install, maybe make it more flush. I might try to order a new door from subaru so he can hack that up. I think if you remove all the cigarette crap and hollow it out you can fit the xm inside. Give me a week and I'll have an answer with pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived