LegacyGT.com

Clean Sirius installs (not in cubby)

korpse

Anyone have any pictures of really clean Sirius installs on an '05 Legacy GT? I know some people use the top cubby, but I have other plans for that. I did a search and found that the Here2Anywhere fits perfectly in the ash tray location but there weren't any pictures :( ...

yeah, I'll hook you up with a pic. I got a clarion in the ashtray spot. Gimme a little while & I'll snap a pic to show
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Here are some photos of a Clarion DSC920S installed in the ashtray location. The pics are from Coxx's car, NOT MINE!! ;)

Looks to me like an awesome install!

http://web.njit.edu/~kns3949/sirius/clarion001.jpg

http://web.njit.edu/~kns3949/sirius/clarion002.jpg

http://web.njit.edu/~kns3949/sirius/clarion003.jpg

http://web.njit.edu/~kns3949/sirius/clarion004.jpg

http://web.njit.edu/~kns3949/sirius/clarion005.jpg

ha ha, thanks for not claiming it as your own. LOL. Whatever, I had professional help on this one so I cant take the credit for it either. It does look about as close to stock as you can get I think.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Nah, it runs thru a wired FM mod (that's why my radio is on FM 88.7). Not the greatest sound quality but really not that bad considering & 1000 times better than a wireless FM mod (like the belikin I-trip). I wanted it to look as stock as possible but I'm really considering puttting a new HU in the cubby slot. Just trying to wait it out to see if they'll ever come out with a dash kit with the climate controls (which is highly unlikely).

bury your head by saosin.. top 5 best songs and band ever :o) ... i live in ocean county.. we should meet up or get a meet goin sometime b4 winter

who's that directed towards?

• 3 weeks later...
Well, it's hard enough that I had the pro's do it. It runs on a wired FM modulator. Some filing had to be done on the ashtray hole to make it fit & the black surround is abs plastic. Dunno if that's really any help.

I am thinking the samething.

My understanding is that if you get the CLARION DSC920S - SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO RECEIVER (which seems to be discontinued) you will need the accompanying CLARION DSH920S SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO RECEIVER TUNER.

Look like you can get both for around $70.

Then you have to hook both up to a wired FM modulator - here is a list I made:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12096&page=4&highlight=Kenwood+KCA-R71FM

Do you know which FM modulator you got? Do you like it?

In theory, when they hook up the FM Modulator (they will also need the Metra 40-SB30 to connect to the LGT antennia) they can also provide a connection line to plug-in your MP3 player or other device.

Figure the FM and connector is around another $70. So maybe $140 for the parts + labor - maybe $250 total?

Is that around what you paided?

Are you really happy with it?

I don't want to hack up my dash and spend $250, if it is just so-so.

lol... i pulled apart my dash yesterday trying to pull the #!$#@!$#@! radio out. does anyone know what the "light blue" cable does? it looks like a 6-guage wire but doesn't look like its connected to anything but an anchor. is it like a theft detterent feature? o_0 ??? well anyways none of the plugs on the back of the radio looked like a standard antenna plug so i decided to scrap that project because i didn't feel like stripping anymore cables, or trying to plug anymore doohickeys just for better sound off the xm radio.

however one thing that i did do that made a huge huge huge difference in my sound quality was that i relocated my antenna from the front of my car to the back. my xm antenna still sits inside my car but on the very corner of inside rear glass. ever since the move i haven't experienced any loss of quality or anything even in the areas that got me before.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

That Clarion Sirius radio ashtray hook up looks fantastic. The best and cleanest aftermarket hook up I've seen. My only gripe...and it's a MINOR one...is the blue lighting on it. Maybe it's switchable to red so it would blend seemlessly with the stock LGT dash and console lighting. Nice work on that, Sirius rocks too, good choice all around.

That's my only gripe with it too. Unfortunately you can't change the color on that model. I did that last december (2004). I was actually thinking of switching it out to a newer model with more display options. I might just take the pics of daswrx's setup & show my audio guy. I'd prefer if he can jump the wires & put a DD unit where the stock unit is now.

Archived