LegacyGT.com

Impressed with rental Honda Civic

My LGT Wagon has been in the body shop for a while (minor front corner hit but the whole front will look like new :-) and I first had a rental Chevy Cobalt and I disliked it enough I got Enterprise to trade it out. They gave me a new Honda Civic, base rental model, and I'm happy as a clam as the saying goes. If you get past the lack of power of the LGT, it drives very well. I don't race drive it but do drive in a spirited manner and it's very tight and handles very well. I'm impressed. If they added a turbo to that engine, wow. But as-is, for a low-priced small car that's both comfortable and fun to drive, I think it's great.

Honda generally makes great products. I come from a honda family had a 97 civic, 04 CR-v and an 07 accord and superb cars for the money and do what they are ment to do just have a little lack of power that i was desiring. Thank you boxer turbo. People thought the 07 accord was a straight luxury car i laughed at that

My post was more of a joke than anything else. I've never driven the new Civic but I have sat in a base model and the Si. They're not to bad on the inside, but I'm not crazy about the dash. The instrument panel seems like it would be a little frustrating to use on a daily basis.

I've never been a fan of Honda. In fact, I sorta despise them based on numerous personal peeves but the new car is by far a much better looking one than the outgoing model. I'll give it a fair chance because it looks sharp. :lol:

Well at least they are reliable. I have a 1990 civic wagon im trying to sell and it runs like a camp with 261k miles. Commutes just fine goin 40 miles at 80 mph just fine and u can rev that 60 hp up to 7k rmp all day without a problem. Not the sharpest looking car but it sure does its job.

I prefer my LGT dash, but I got used to the split-area dash quickly. The digital speedometer and other info on that horizontal strip are very easy to see and the closer area, partially blocked by the steering wheel for me, isn't as important so it works OK for me. And it's lighted even in the daytime. Also, I'm 6'3" and it has as much legroom (maybe a bit more) as my LGT wagon.

I'm not crazy about the dash. The instrument panel seems like it would be a little frustrating to use on a daily basis.

It looks like we're getting a 2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon, but with 4-cyl no-turbo only. We'll have to see what it really is.

http://www.detechno.org/2011-acura-tsx-sport-wagon-specifications.html

I would have purchased the TSX based Accord wagon if they offered it here in the states. Had to settle for the Leggy instead.

Archived