LegacyGT.com

Transmission Reliability

I have the TZ102ZABAA 4Eat Trans. Many people told me that it could hold the power when I turbo the EJ22 @ 5psi. They also said it was the one they used in the WRX. Some say the transmission is a beast.

I am unclear of the power levels of this transmisison.

Alot of times when a tranny goes bad, it's really not from being over powered. It's from slamming gears and careless abuse. Like 5k launches and things like that. I'm sure that tranny would be fine. Even the wrx and sti trannies blow up from launches and hard gear shifts. You can shift fast without slamming it.

5k then slam into drive lol, that would be badass!

Done that already lol.

As much as I would love to turbo the car every part that I have found people have stolen under my feet or sold right under me. 3 freakin' parts now.

The hard as hell to find Perfect Power 6..

Then a Greddy Emanage

And then an 07 WRX Top mount.

I think it's a sign to not turbo the car. I guess it will be just a street corner queen. I like power and sadly this cars power is...not enough anymore. Sad to say. Plus exhaust mods are damn near impossible because people are such d-bags and won't make single port headers for me.

Once I get my student loans then money will go into a new car and this one may be up for sale. So keep a watch out. It has WRX seats!

The SVX.com website has some good information on these transmissions. They can be rebuilt to handle alot of horsepower, but you gotta buy the right parts and get a pro builder to do it. Oh and invest in a trans oil temp gauge and an aux tranny cooler. They are cheap insurance.

+1 on the tranny cooler. I was thinking about picking one up anyway, just for giggles. You can get them brand new for $50-100 at Autozone, and they're easy as hell to install. If you don't have cash, pull one off a Nissan, Toyota, Dodge, Ford, or Chevy truck/SUV at a junkyard.

I'm waiting for income tax time for wrx motor swap!! I love my lgt!! It would be alot easier to go buy a wrx but.... I want a turbo legacy!!

How much do you think one will run you for? I'm in the market for a swap too.

Archived