LegacyGT.com

Subaru's new ads and their double-entendres

fzanetti

Subaru's new ads and their double-entendres

Quote:

Call us sadistic, but there's something undeniably hilarious about yanking random people off of the street and plopping them into the passenger seat of a sports car. Throw a talented race driver behind the tiller, and you've got an unmatched recipe for entertainment. Subaru has decided to take a stroll down that path with a slew of new ads designed to introduce the new 2011 WRX STI sedan to the public. The company asked rally driver Dave Mirra to shuffle a few folk around under an overpass in the 305 horsepower turbo four-door, filmed the whole thing and called it a day.

Subaru has unveiled a total of five 30-second spots with a variety of regular Joes (and Janes) riding shotgun in the winged machine. The company is calling the campaign Get More Gs, and Subaru is quick to point out that the phrase is meant to equally focus on g forces as much as that "oh geez" feeling you get from slinging the car through a slalom. We see what you did there, Subaru. Hit the jump to enjoy the videos. Now... where can we get a skull antenna topper?

http://bit.ly/bKswrc

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

:lol: That last guy was hilarious. I had two of my co-workers LOLing. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Pretty funny ads...the last guy is my favorite. Several boys on nasioc are whining about how bad the seats are because the passengers move around so much. I say much better than the two dudes talking kind of you know what with each other while driving a wrx through the mountains.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcuNBMtTkrA]YouTube- WRX 2003 commercial[/ame]

Several boys on nasioc are whining about how bad the seats are because the passengers move around so much.

I saw that, the other day. I do agree that Subaru needs to up the quality on their seats, BUT.........I think you'd be tossing around in most seats short of a full racing seat, when driving like that. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived