LegacyGT.com

Suspension Lift on 4th Gen Legacy?

Do 4th gen legacy owners have any options, other then coilovers, to lift their ride height? What I'm really looking for is:

*Stiffer ride for handling and so I dont rub when fully loaded and going over bumps.

*Slight lift of maybe 1-2"

*Even gap front and rear

*Would also be nice if I could run slightly more rubber on my 17"s

I really like the clearance my buddy has in his forester XT even with his upgraded suspension. This is for my daily driver which sees all sorts of crazy Oregon weather and the occasional forest service road. Am I crazy for wanting these things?

Well, if you still have your OEM shocks on, you can get the Eibach lowering springs which will lower your car, but not too aggressively like the RSR Ti-2000 springs or the H&R lowering springs. Plus the Eibach springs will not significantly affect your NVH on your car while giving you a lower and more aggressive stance.

As far as 100% even front and rear, Eibach springs come pretty darn close. Otherwise you can use those saggy butt spacers on your shocks and adjust accordingly. But if it is a huge adjustment, you will need to get longer studs on your shock mounts to the chassis.

They might, but your ride height might be a bit high and the spring load would be high as well which may affect your car's handling, causing it to become loose.

But I am not 100% sure if the outback or forester springs would be a direct fit. I doubt it, but someone else may be able to chime in.

i think they only sell the spacers for the rear of the car and they only lift the body, i believe.

i was also trying to figure out if it is possible to lift a LGT. i wouldnt mind having a lifted one to take offroading on my friend's trails.

• Mega Users

I've been thinking about doing this as I'm working my way out to Colorado.

My initial plan was to rip some stuff out of a wrecked '05-'07 outback.

Not sure if and how different the outback sedan is from the wagon.

The next hurdle is how different the whole suspension is from the outback to the legacy

Most people here are trying to go low, but I want some clearance and a little more rubber

Archived