7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Brake Pad has the Best Initial Bite

• Hawk HPS
    • Hawk HP +
    • Project Mu NS
    • Project Mu B-Force
    • Axis Ultimates
    • Carbotech 1521 (Bobcats)

I am sorting through the multitude of Brake pads out there, mainly looking for a street pad with high initial grip. I don't care about dusting and I care little about noise. At this point, my leading contenders are Project Mu B-Force, Hawk HP+, and Axis Ultimates. I would like to survey what others find to be the best for initial grip.

I am still using OEM calipers on my 2006 Legacy GT Wagon/ Stage 2.5. I am also debating between the Racing Brake slotted rotors vs. Stop-Tech power slot rotors.

Would appreciate anyone who could answer the Pole above.. thanks, Jeff.

Very happy with our HPS's, after proper bedding in. Definitely more initial bite over OEM. Axxis Ultimates might be a tiny bit better - they're on the Miata, but I had trouble bedding them (no ABS) and are quite dusty.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that the HPS is over-rated. It is likely a tossup between HP + and Project MU B-force. Prices are similar, coeff. of friction similar. Need some more Poll participants to really give me the confidence to buy.

Archived