LegacyGT.com

21lbs target boost in 1st gear possible?

SubaruFanatic

its 21lbs of target boost on romraider possible on a stock vf40 turbo? i was hitting a constant 16lbs in 3rd gear when I did a pull. Just wondering if thats ok for the car or not...

oh another question is is possible that the stock bov leaks under high pressure because when i was pulling at the end of 3rd gear i heard a loud wind sound that sounded like i blew a hose off but then everything went back to normal

Even if you did hit high of boost in first, our gearing is so short that it wouldn't do much, except burn up your clutch and put a ton of stress on our small stock turbo

First issue is these turbos should really not be pushed much past 18 psi at sea-level. Second issue is that first gear is too short to get the turbo spooled in the area of the powerband where it MAY be able to make that kind of manifold pressure: 3,000 - 4,500 RPM.

What are you trying to accomplish?

yeah thats what my original post was that my target boost in 1st gear was 21 not that I was hitting 21 I'm getting a tru boost gauge this weekend and that way I can control the boost right now I have a stock boost controller which is probly shit

yeah thats what my original post was that my target boost in 1st gear was 21 not that I was hitting 21 I'm getting a tru boost gauge this weekend and that way I can control the boost right now I have a stock boost controller which is probly shit

the AEM Tru Boost is an open loop solenoid driver with a MAC 3 port solenoid. I've used it. There's a base solenoid duty value and a "spring" value which just tells the solenoid when to drop the duty cycle down to allow the wastegate to open. There are no correction tables for changes in ambient temperature or other such things. You could have just installed a 3 port EBCS and set all your proportional and integral turbo dynamics tables in the factory ECU to 0. Then you can control everything in open loop with the duty cycle tables.

If you want 21psi in 1st, disconnect the wastegate.

On the search for a new DD...

the AEM Tru Boost is an open loop solenoid driver with a MAC 3 port solenoid. I've used it. There's a base solenoid duty value and a "spring" value which just tells the solenoid when to drop the duty cycle down to allow the wastegate to open. There are no correction tables for changes in ambient temperature or other such things. You could have just installed a 3 port EBCS and set all your proportional and integral turbo dynamics tables in the factory ECU to 0. Then you can control everything in open loop with the duty cycle tables.

If you want 21psi in 1st, disconnect the wastegate.

I'm not saying i want 21 psi in first gear whats the point of that anyway. I am just saying that If i was hitting that high in 1st why couldn't I hit that high in 3rd or 4th

Probably, along with other issues. Your car is not ment to peak in first gear, so I'm not sure what the really question is? If you were at 21psi in first, you'd be even higher in the other gears. If you want to be boosting that high, you need more than the stock IC and turbo, to be safe.

its 21lbs of target boost on romraider possible on a stock vf40 turbo? i was hitting a constant 16lbs in 3rd gear when I did a pull. Just wondering if thats ok for the car or not...

oh another question is is possible that the stock bov leaks under high pressure because when i was pulling at the end of 3rd gear i heard a loud wind sound that sounded like i blew a hose off but then everything went back to normal

21 lbs of boost = ping ping ping pop pow pooooff

You should buy my boost controller lol

u need launch control/anti-lag to generate enough load to produce this boost in 1st gear. Your gearset will assplode and ur block will melt to pieces. Go for it!
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Archived