LegacyGT.com

Downpipes, downpipes,..

PLTek

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got mine today. Thanks Peter. I am also thinking about taking the day off from work tomorrow to install mine.

" Hello Boss - my 2 cats are stuck under my car and I need to work with the A/P (Animal Paramedics) so I won't be in today"

I plan on going with COBB up and down. I know I have some waiting to do until it comes available for the 5eat. In the mean time can you give me the run down of what to remove to gain access? Also I think I read on forum that install takes between 2- 5 hrs. Is this fairly accurate? (Not so much a car mechanic but have turned wrenches on aircraft for a while) Also about how long will the ecu take to "adjust" after uploading stage 2? Jay Jay. ps feel free to correct me on any terminology I muff up!

hi Jay Jay,

The install of up/dn should take about 3 hours. IT is def better for 2 people to do it.

In terms of the install instructions, just do a search on it on this forum. Here is a link to an uppipe installation on WRX, its almost identical execpt that we have more room on out Legacies to work with.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194

I hope this helps

PS

PLTek,llc

Peter is great to do business with, I received my COBB DP last week and then decided monday I wanted the Perrin TMIC, Peter went out of his way to make sure I had the part by today. Excellent vendor and I will be purchasing from Peter @ Pltek in the future.

...That is as as soon as I am out of the dog house :lol:

Haha, is there room in that Dog House?? Downpipe to be delivered today along with another UPS package with all new gaskets...Told the GF to look out for the package between 10am-2pm. "oh what is it?" "oh just some new gaskets and STUFF" haha...

I'm SO dead, nice knowing all of you!!

Peter & PLTek ROCK!!

~Sucka-Duck~

I owe you a t-shirt, forgot to put in the box yesterday.

PS

PLTek,llc

Hey Peter! I hear you're giving away t-shirts (I had to sell the one off my back to buy that uppie) Thanks again for all your help! Jay Jay.

Let me know how the installs go, I want to make sure that all is well.

Best

PS

The Cobb DP is beautifully fabricated, is lighter and fits better than stock, and installs like a dream - spent more time messing with trimming the top heatshield than the actual install. :D

(probably would've been even easier in a Cobb Tshirt ;) )

Other notes -

I was missing a nut from one of my turbo bolts - decided to take the weight penalty and put a nut on each turbo bolt. :p

HIjack!

...That is as as soon as I am out of the dog house :lol:

Ha! All my wife did was hold up the UPS delivery post-it and ask if I'd already gotten the box! Gotta love a mod-friendly wife! We have an understanding - I don't mention the shoes and she doesn't mention the mods. :D

The Cobb DP is beautifully fabricated, is lighter and fits better than stock, and installs like a dream - spent more time messing with trimming the top heatshield than the actual install. :D

(probably would've been even easier in a Cobb Tshirt ;) )

Other notes -

I was missing a nut from one of my turbo bolts - decided to take the weight penalty and put a nut on each turbo bolt. :p

I work on planes for a living - my wife freaks out when I come home with loose hardware in my pocket. :lol: Jay Jay.

Got my DP lastnight...so so sexie!! Thanks Peter! OH...it's just what i wanted, how did you know?!? haha...and thanks for the SHIRT!! WOO HOO!!

its almost a shame to put the DP in where no one can see it!!

thanks again!!

~Sucka-Duck~

I hope alot of people see this. Peter is a great person, nevermind a great vendor. I placed an order for some parts. I knew they had arrived but was unable to pick them up. I put the cart before the horse and removed the parts that I would be replacing. When I was able to get the parts one box was missing. Car was still drivable but I was pissed. Contacted Peter and he hooked me up. Worked out the problem with the supplier and had the product overnighted to me at his expense. This was Friday afternoon and the product showed up UPS at 9 am. Just want to let people know it's a pleasure dealing with Peter.:)

Peter is a great person, nevermind a great vendor.

Obviously, you got your t-shirt... ;)

Seriously though, +1.

Sound products (in-stock or readily attainable); sound advice; answers the phone and is readily accessable; has a genuine concern and passion; says what he's going to do; and then does it. In my book that's a recipe for success.

I have to agree. Peter has been very informative when I have talked to him. This being the first car I have really modded I had alot of questions on the downpipe and the uppipe which Peter answered all of my questions. Customer service is top notch. Thanks Peter. :lol:

Can't wait till wednesday when my Cobb highflow catted downpipe and new gaskets get here. :lol:

Thanks again Peter

Archived