LegacyGT.com

Toyota chief test driver dies in LF-A

It is sad whenever someone dies of unnatural causes. I wasn't a big fan of Lexus, or the LF-A's styling, but at least the man died doing what he loved, in a car that he pretty much designed. Personally can't think of a better way to die than in my own multi-million dollar supercar that I hand design. RIP...

That also kinda sucks for Toyota, more bad publicity.

Its kind of a coincidence since I just watched a Top Gear episode online the other night about the LF-A.

At least he made it to his 60s...

Amazing he made it all those decades and only now died in a crash. Would like to know why. If the car had anything to do with it I imagine Toyota would manufacture flying pigs before they would ever let that info out. But then that's a big if. How does one flip a car like that?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Looks like where crash safety is concerned a BMW is a safer bet than a Lexus. BMW should capitalize on this with ads....

"BMW: The other guy dies, you only come really close... if he's in a supercar that weighs half as much and wasn't designed around crash test ratings"

nah doesn't have the right ring to it...

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Either way the BMW protected the occupants from death. The Lexus did not.

Oh it looks like it was a 3 series, so no it doesn't weight twice as much.

I would think a guy in his 60s would not be able to take a hit like someone in their 30s or 40s. I don't know how old the other drivers were, but it's hard to pass judgement on the cars without knowing all the data.

I don't know if age would be the only determining factor of physical resilience. I know of some 60+ year old guys that could whip my ass, and I'm not in bad shape. I also know plenty of unhealthy 30 year old guys too.

Either way you have two cars involved in a head on collision, one cars occupants live the other cars occupant is dead.

I wonder if he forgot which side of the road he was supposed to be on.

Very possible, especially if he was pushing the car hard and concentrating on that instead of other traffic.

Or are you making a joke about unaware and confused older drivers.....? :lol:

Unless he suffered a stroke or something. Can be just any reason. But reflexes are sometimes hard to override and just a tad too much sleep deprivation or something can kill your override and let the reflexes take over.
453747.png

i doubt their chief test driver, who most likely was stationed in germany to do testing on the LFA all these months if not years would forget which side of the road to drive on.

How many old people forget which pedal makes the car go fast and which pedal makes you slow down?

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/wgmg_elderly-2.jpg

Archived